Q Mind Sr 50mg Tablet
Q Mind Sr 50 MG Description
Q Mind SR tablet is a prescription medication. It is an antipsychotic medicine used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. The active ingredient in Q Mind SR is Quetiapine 50 mg. Schizophreni
a is a disorder that causes an altered perception of reality, affecting how a person feels, thinks, and behaves. They can present with hallucinations, delusions, altered perceptions, mood changes, disorderly thinking: all of which can be debilitating. There are certain chemical messengers (neurotransmitters) and pathways in the brain that are thought to produce the symptoms of schizophrenia, two being serotonin and dopamine. Antipsychotic medications primarily decrease this process, thereby providing relief from symptoms. Q Mind SR is a sustained-release tablet that allows for the slower release of active ingredients over an extended period. This helps the effects of the medication last longer. Directions for use of Q Mind SR tablets should be strictly followed. It should be taken exactly as recommended by the doctor. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause a relapse of symptoms, withdrawal symptoms, and worsening of the underlying condition. Side effects of Q Mind SR tablet include sleepiness, weight gain, dry mouth, constipation, abdominal pain, dizziness, throat infections, gastric distress, and lethargy.
|You Save||₹27.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, Weight gain, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Throat infections, Gastric distress, Lethargy, Abnormal weakness and loss of energy (asthenia), Fall in blood pressure on change in posture (orthostatic hypotension)|
Uses of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
- Q Mind SR tablets are in the treatment of:
- Manic episodes of bipolar I disorder
- Depression associated with bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
- Do not take Q Mind SR tablets or use caution:
- If you have hypersensitivity reactions to any ingredient in the Q Mind SR tablet.
- If you are an older adult with psychosis associated with degenerative brain conditions, this medicine increases the risk of stroke and death.
- If you have any underlying cardiovascular diseases; use caution as this medicine increases the risk of an adverse event.
Side effects of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
- Side effects of Q Mind SR tablets include:
- Weight gain
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
- Throat infections
- Gastric distress
Precautions and Warnings of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of seizures or take any medicines that decrease seizure potential.
- You experience sudden changes in mood or worsening of symptoms of schizophrenia.
- You take other medicines for your health conditions. Some might interact with Q Mind SR tablets and cause debilitating medicine interactions.
- You have a history of substance abuse. This medication has abuse and misuse potential, and its use should be monitored closely.
- You have low blood cell counts. This medicine can result in decreased blood cell counts.
Mode of Action of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
- Take Q Mind SR tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Q Mind SR tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take this medicine with and without food.
- Take Q Mind SR tablets at the same time every day, so a stable level of the medication is maintained in the body. Do not take Q Mind SR tablets with other medicines without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Q Mind SR tablets; this can result in adverse effects from withdrawal.
Interactions of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Q Mind SR tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. Concomitant use with the following medications requires dose modification for quetiapine. Inform your doctor about your treatment history at the time of prescription. ...
- Enzyme inhibitors like ketoconazole and ritonavir increase the concentration of quetiapine and can increase the side effects of Q Mind SR tablets.
- Enzyme inducers like phenytoin and rifampin can decrease the amount of this medicine in the blood, thereby reducing its efficacy.
Storage and disposal of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
Dosage of Q Mind Sr 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I want to stop taking Q Mind SR tablets. What should I do?
Q: Ever since I started taking Q Mind SR tablets, I have felt tired and weak. Is this normal?
Q: I am having a severe stomachache after taking Q Mind SR tablets. What should I do?
- SEROQUEL® (quetiapine fumarate) tablets, for oral use [Internet] www.accessdata.fda.gov [cited 21 Mar 2022] -
- Quetiapine 50 mg film-coated tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet] www.medicines.org.uk [cited 21 Mar 2022] -
- Maan JS, Ershadi M, Khan I, et al. Quetiapine. [Updated 2021 Sep 12]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 [cited 21 Mar 2022] -