Provate S Cream 18gm
By PERCOS INDIA PVT LTD
18g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Provate S Ointment is a topical preparation used for the treatment of various inflammatory skin conditions such as dry fishy skin, itching, swelling, skin hardening, etc. It contains betamethasone and salicyclic acid as active ingredient. Provate S acts by inhibiting the action of inflammatory substance within the body and softening the top layer of the skin by facilitating the desired action. Apply this Ointment as directed by your doctor. Wash your hands and area of application before applying. You should not used this Ointment for any other condition other than it is prescribed for. Inform your doctor about all the medical condition and medication history, before starting this treatment....
|You Save||₹9.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Betamethasone(0.064 %),Salicylic Acid(3.0 %)|
|Uses||Inflammatory skin condition|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, irritation, skin peeling|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Betamethasone(0.064 %) + Salicylic Acid(3.0 %)
Uses of Provate S Cream 18gm
Provate S Ointment is used for the treatment of various inflammatory skin conditions such as keratosis (skin hardening), ichthysis (itching due to dry skin), lichen planus (rash, swelling and irritation of skin or mouth) & dry scaly conditions of skin....
Contraindications of Provate S Cream 18gm
- If you are allergic to betamethasone, salicyclic acid or any other ingredient of Provate S Ointment.
- If you have pimples, itching without redness of skin, mouth, perianal or genital itching.
- If you have some viral, bacterial or fungal infections of the skin.
- If you have any other skin conditions such as nappy rash, cold sores, chickenpox, etc.
Side effects of Provate S Cream 18gm
- Skin peeling
- Inflammation of hair follicle (foliculitis)
Precautions and Warnings of Provate S Cream 18gm
Can I take Provate S Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Provate S Ointment on pregnancy. This medicine is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. Still this medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I take Provate S Ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the passing of Provate S Ointment into the breast milk. Thus, it is recommended to avoid applying this medicince on breast while breast feeding. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Can I drive if I have consumed Provate S Ointment?
As Provate S Ointment is a topical medicine, it is unlikely to affect the ability to drive and operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Provate S Ointment?
There is limited information about the effects of Provate S Ointment with alcohol but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid.
- You develop irritation or superinfection after using this Ointment.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- This Ointment should not be applied to eyes, mouth, open wounds or face. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part with lots of water.
- Use with this cream to be limited to 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
- You experience any visual disturbance after applying this Ointment.
Mode of Action of Provate S Cream 18gm
How Does It Work?
- Betamethasone is a topical steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells. It acts by stopping the inflammatory process and decrease the production of substances causing inflammation. As a result, pain, redness, swelling and itching decreases....
- Salicylic acid acts by softening the top layer of the skin, and enables the betamethasone to penetrates easily and perform its action.
Directions for Use of Provate S Cream 18gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Provate S Cream 18gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Provate S Ointment is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Provate S Cream 18gm
- Store Provate S Ointment at ir below 25° C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Recap the Ointment after each use tightly.
Dosage of Provate S Cream 18gm
As Provate S Ointment is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe the out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton...
Missed a Dose
If you have missed to apply this Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Provate S Ointment be used for pimples or acne?
A: No, Provate S Ointment should not be used for acne and pimples or any skin conditions for which the root cause is not clear. It can worsen acne. It should only be used if your doctor prescribes the medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Provate S Ointment when I feel better?
A: No, you should continue using Provate S Ointment for as long as advised by your treating physician, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may reduce early but it takes time for the infection to be completely healed.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Provate S Ointment?
A: If you get Ointment in your eyes, rinse with water straight away. Keep your eyes open when you rinse. If you still feel any discomfort contact a doctor or visit a hospital right away.
- Diprosalic Ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Diprosalic® 0.05% w/w / 3% w/w Ointment [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- DIPROSALIC® Lotion and Ointment [Internet]. Merck.ca. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.