Provate S Cream 18gm
Provate S Cream 18gm Description
Provate S Ointment is a topical preparation used for the treatment of various inflammatory skin conditions such as dry fishy skin, itching, swelling, skin hardening, etc. It contains betamethasone an
d salicyclic acid as active ingredient. Provate S acts by inhibiting the action of inflammatory substance within the body and softening the top layer of the skin by facilitating the desired action. Apply this Ointment as directed by your doctor. Wash your hands and area of application before applying. You should not used this Ointment for any other condition other than it is prescribed for. Inform your doctor about all the medical condition and medication history, before starting this treatment.
Uses of Provate S Cream 18gm
Contraindications of Provate S Cream 18gm
- If you are allergic to betamethasone, salicyclic acid or any other ingredient of Provate S Ointment.
- If you have pimples, itching without redness of skin, mouth, perianal or genital itching.
- If you have some viral, bacterial or fungal infections of the skin.
- If you have any other skin conditions such as nappy rash, cold sores, chickenpox, etc.
Side effects of Provate S Cream 18gm
- Skin peeling
- Inflammation of hair follicle (foliculitis)
Precautions and Warnings of Provate S Cream 18gm
Other General Warnings
- You had a previous allergic reaction with any other steroid.
- You develop irritation or superinfection after using this Ointment.
- Your symptoms do not improve within 7 days of treatment.
- This Ointment should not be applied to eyes, mouth, open wounds or face. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part with lots of water.
- Use with this cream to be limited to 5 days in children or when applied on the face.
- You experience any visual disturbance after applying this Ointment.
Mode of Action of Provate S Cream 18gm
How Does It Work?
- Betamethasone is a topical steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells. It acts by stopping the inflammatory process and decrease the production of substances causing inflammation. As a result, pain, redness, swelling and itching decreases....
- Salicylic acid acts by softening the top layer of the skin, and enables the betamethasone to penetrates easily and perform its action.
Directions for Use of Provate S Cream 18gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Provate S Cream 18gm
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Provate S Cream 18gm
- Store Provate S Ointment at ir below 25° C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Recap the Ointment after each use tightly.
Dosage of Provate S Cream 18gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Provate S Ointment be used for pimples or acne?
Q: Can I stop taking Provate S Ointment when I feel better?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Provate S Ointment?
- Diprosalic Ointment - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- Diprosalic® 0.05% w/w / 3% w/w Ointment [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- DIPROSALIC® Lotion and Ointment [Internet]. Merck.ca. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 May 2022]