Progynova 2mg Strip Of 28 Tablets
By BAYER ZYDUS PHARMA
28 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Progynova 2 MG Description
Progynova 2mg tablet is a semi-synthetic variety of the female hormone oestrogen used to treat oestrogen deficiency and other female hormone-related disorders in peri and postmenopausal women. It is
also used to reduce the risk of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women who are prone to fractures. Progynova 2mg tablet contains estradiol as its active ingredient. This medicine replenishes the decreased level of oestrogen in the body. Take Progynova 2mg tablet as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹90.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Estradiol Valerate(2.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Hormonal replacement therapy (HRT)|
|Side effects||Headache, migraine, altered mood, altered weight|
|Therapy||POST MENOPAUSAL CARE|
Check more medicines with composition as Estradiol Valerate(2.0 Mg)
Uses of Progynova 2 MG
- Progynova 2mg tablet is used to treat oestrogen deficiency in peri and postmenopausal women as a hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- It is also used to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
Contraindications of Progynova 2 MG
- If you are allergic to estradiol or any of the other ingredients of the Progynova 2mg tablet.
- If you had a history of or have breast cancer.
- If you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- If you had a history of or are suspected to have oestrogen-dependent tumours such as endometrial cancer.
- If you have untreated thickening of the endometrial lining.
- If you have or had a severe liver or renal problem.
- If you had or have any blood clotting disorder of veins such as venous thromboembolism.
- If you have any heart-related conditions such as chest pain due to blockage in arteries (myocardial infarction, angina).
- If you have-blood related disorders such as porphyria, protein C, protein S deficiency.
Side effects of Progynova 2 MG
- Altered mood
- Increased or decreased weight
- Increased appetite
- Visual disturbance
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Progynova 2 MG
Can I take Progynova 2mg tablet during pregnancy?
Progynova 2mg tablet should not be used during pregnancy. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Progynova 2mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Progynova 2mg tablet should not be used while breastfeeding. Inform your doctor if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Progynova 2mg tablet?
If you experience dizziness, headache after taking Progynova 2mg tablet, then avoid driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Progynova 2mg tablet?
Do not consume alcohol with Progynova 2mg tablet as it may alter the effectiveness of this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience or have thickening of the endometrium.
- You have liver, kidney, thyroid or heart-related problems.
- You have bleeding or clotting disorder.
- You have high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, fits, thickening of ear tissue.
- You have a risk of cancer such as breast or the endometrium.
- You have allergic conditions such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- You have a severe headache or migraine.
- You had or have decreased blood supply to the brain (stroke).
- You experience fluid retention in the body.
- You have a high lipid level in the body.
Directions for Use of Progynova 2 MG
- Take Progynova as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly and without fail as directed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Progynova 2 MG
- Store Progynova 2mg tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Progynova 2 MG
Symptoms of overdose are nausea and vomiting. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Progynova 2mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital...
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Progynova 2mg tablet may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Mode of Action of Progynova 2 MG
How Does It Work?
Progynova 2mg is a semi-synthetic version of the hormone estrogen present in the body of females. Its action is identical to biological estrogen. It binds to the estrogen receptors and shows a beneficial effect on bone density and inhibit bone restoration associated with osteoporosis in menopausal women....
Interactions of Progynova 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may alter the effect of Progynova 2mg tablet or this medicine may alter the effect of other medicines.
- Concomitant use of Progynova and anti-fits medicines like phenytoin, primidone, anti-infective medicines like rifampicin, rifabutin and herbal products like St. John's wort can decrease the effect of Progynova 2mg tablet....
- Anti-HIV medicines like saquinavir, indinavir, etc when used with Progynova 2mg tablet can interfere with the effect of this medicine.
- Anti-fungal medicines like fluconazole, itraconazole may increase the effect of Progynova 2mg tablet and may increase the risk of side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Progynova 2mg tablet on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Progynova 2mg tablet until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine, it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: Is it fine if I occasionally smoke while taking Progynova 2mg tablet?
A: You should avoid smoking while taking Progynova 2mg tablet, as it may cause some serious effects.
Q: What is Progynova 2mg used for?
A: Progynova is used to treat oestrogen deficiency in pre and postmenopausal women as a hormone replacement therapy (HRT). It is also used to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and fractures.
Q: How does Progynova work?
A: Progynova contains estradiol as its active component which is a semi-synthetic version of the hormone estrogen present in the body of females. Its action is identical to biological estrogen. It binds to the estrogen receptors and shows a beneficial effect on bone density and inhibit bone restoration associated with osteoporosis in menopausal women.
Q: Can you drink while taking Progynova?
A: Do not consume alcohol with Progynova 2mg tablet as it may alter the effectiveness of this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Q: What are the side effects of Progynova?
A: Headache, migraine, altered mood, increased or decreased weight, increased appetite, visual disturbance are a few side effects of Progynova. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on their own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed