Prodep La 90mg Tablets
Prodep La 90 MG Description
Prodep LA 90 mg tablet is an antidepressant used to treat major depressive disorders (depression). It has also been found to relieve symptoms of anxiety illnesses like obsessive-compulsive disorder,
Bulimia nervosa (eating disorder), and panic disorders. Prodep LA tablet has Fluoxetine as its active ingredient, which belongs to a class of medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). It increases the levels of a natural chemical messenger (serotonin) in the brain, thereby improving your mood, relieving anxiety and increasing your energy level. OCD is characterised by excessive thoughts leading to repetitive behaviour. It is also used to treat a life-threatening eating disorder called bulimia nervosa, where an individual eats in large amounts over a short period, followed by purging. A panic attack is a sudden episode of intense fear even when there is no apparent cause or real danger. Prodep LA tablet is a prescription medicine. The dose and duration of Prodep LA tablet 90mg are decided by your doctor after he has confirmed that you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned illnesses. The common side effects of Prodep LA 90 mg tablets are headache, nausea, diarrhoea, dry mouth, flu-like syndrome, decreased libido, insomnia, nervousness, tremors, somnolence and ejaculation problems. Do not stop the medicine abruptly or skip the doses. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or a lactating mother. The doctor should also be informed about concurrent use of any other medications(prescription/non-prescription, herbal supplements and vitamins) or any medical health condition you are suffering from.
|You Save||₹0.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of major depressive disorder, OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), Panic disorder, Bulimia Nervosa|
|Side effects||Headache, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Dry mouth, Flu-like syndrome (fever and chills), Decreased libido, Insomnia, Nervousness, Tremors, Somnolence, Asthenia (fatigue), Skin allergy, Ejaculation problems|
Uses of Prodep La 90 MG
- Prodep LA tablet is used to treat the following cases:
- Treatment of major depressive disorder (depression)
- Treatment of obsessions and compulsions in OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Treatment of Bulimia Nervosa (eating disorder)
- Relieve symptoms of panic disorder
Contraindications of Prodep La 90 MG
- Prodep LA 90 mg tablet is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to Prodep LA 90 mg tablet or any of its constituents
- If you develop any serious side effects following the consumption of the tablet like difficulty in breathing or swelling of the face
- If you are taking MAO (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) inhibitors like Selegiline, triptans, lithium, tramadol, St. John worts, Tricyclic antidepressants or tryptophan. There is an increased risk of serotonin syndrome (nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, flushing, palpitations and dizziness) with concomitant use of the above medicines....
- If you are taking Pimozide and Thioridazine (prolongation of QT interval; slow conduction of heart and irregular heart rate when these medicines are used with Prodep LA tablet)
Side effects of Prodep La 90 MG
- Prodep LA 90 mg tablet has the following side effects:
- Nausea and diarrhoea
- Irritability and agitation
- Insomnia or somnolence
- Ejaculation problems and a decreased libido (sexual drive)
- Dry mouth
- Asthenia (Fatigue)
- Flu-like syndrome (fever, chills)
- QT prolongation (irregular heartbeat and rhythm)
- Angle-closure glaucoma(increased pressure in the eyes)
- Seizures (fits)
- Hyponatremia(low blood sodium levels)
- Allergic reaction
Precautions and Warnings of Prodep La 90 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart, liver or kidney problems or suffering from any mental illness.
- You are on medications to treat depression, seizures (fits), or taking any anticoagulants (medicines that prevent clot formation in the body).
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the medicine.
- You experience persistent side effects which worsen over time.
- You have a history of alcoholism, fits, stroke.
- You are pregnant or a nursing mother.
- You have low blood sodium or high blood pressure.
- You have bleeding problems.
Mode of Action of Prodep La 90 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Prodep La 90 MG
- Do not start the medicine without consulting a doctor.
- Consult your doctor for the dose and duration of the medicine.
- Take the medicine orally with or without food with a glass of water, preferably at the same time daily.
- Do not chew or crush or attempt to split the tablet.
- Follow your doctor's instructions carefully and regularly to get the maximum benefit.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine or skip doses.
Interactions of Prodep La 90 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- NSAID, aspirin (relieves pain) and warfarin (prevents clot formation)-increased risk of bleeding
- Olanzapine (treats a mental illness; schizophrenia) (Prodep LA can increase or decrease the blood levels of Olanzapine, thus affecting its action)
Interactions with food items
- Prodep LA 90 mg tablet may be taken with or without food as directed by your doctor.