Sulisent 100 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Sulisent 100 MG Description
Sulisent 100 mg tablet is an anti-diabetes medicine that is used to treat Type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition in which your pancreas does not make enough insul
in to control blood sugar levels and your body is also unable to efficiently use its own insulin. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and poor blood flow in your hands and legs. Sulisent 100 mg tablet contains the active substance canagliflozin which works by removing the blood sugar through urine. Sulisent 100 mg tablet is to be used only in adults aged 18 years and older. Take this medicine exactly as recommended by your doctor. It is important that you exercise regularly and have a balanced diet while taking Sulisent 100 mg tablets for adequate control of your blood sugar levels.
Uses of Sulisent 100 MG
Contraindications of Sulisent 100 MG
Side effects of Sulisent 100 MG
- Low blood sugar levels
- Frequent urination
Precautions and Warnings of Sulisent 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- If you have type 1 diabetes (where your body does not produce any insulin), this medicine should not be used in such cases.
- You have diabetic ketoacidosis (a serious complication of diabetes) or develop symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis like rapid weight loss, nausea, vomiting, excessive thirst, difficulty in breathing, unusual sleepiness, tiredness, sweet smell to your breath, sweet or metallic taste to your mouth or a different smell or colour of your urine....
- You have kidney or liver disease.
- You have or had heart disease or stroke.
- You develop symptoms of pain, tenderness, redness, irritation, itching, unusual discharge or odour, swelling of the genitals or the area between the genitals and anus with fever.
- You develop any kind of infection of the feet.
- You have or had low blood pressure or take medicines to lower blood pressure.
- You have had a lower limb amputation.
- You have an infection of the kidney or urinary tract with fever.
- You have increased hematocrit levels.
- You are 65 years of age or older.
Mode of Action of Sulisent 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sulisent 100 MG
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Sulisent 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sulisent 100 mg tablet works or Sulisent 100 mg tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Sulisent 100 mg tablet with diuretics (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) may increase the risk of dehydration and low blood pressure.
- Sulisent 100 mg tablet when used together with insulin and insulin secretagogues (sulphonylurea) may cause extremely low blood sugar levels.
- Particular care should be taken when using medicines to treat depression (St.John's wort), tuberculosis (rifampicin), fits/seizures (phenobarbital, phenytoin), HIV/AIDS (ritonavir), high/abnormal cholesterol (cholestyramine, simvastatin), heart failure (digoxin), blood clots (dabigatran)....
Storage and disposal of Sulisent 100 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.