Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
4.5g Powder For Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pipzo 4.5gm injection contains a combination of Piperacillin Sodium and Tazobactam sodium. It belongs to the class of penicillin antibiotics. It is effective against various bacterial infections. You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea along with pain and rashes at the injection site after taking this injection. This medicine must be used with caution in those suffering from liver or kidney disorders. Please consult your doctor about your medical condition before using this injection.
Uses of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
Treatment of serious and complicated infections caused by bacteria such as stomach and abdominal infection, skin and soft tissue infections, diabetic foot infections due to diabetes and pneumonia. It is to be used only when an infection cannot be controlled by other antibiotics.
Contraindications of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Piperacillin and Tazobactam or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
Side effects of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Inflammation and swelling at the injection site.
Precautions and Warnings of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
Can I take the Pipzo 4.5gm injection during pregnancy?
- It is not advisable to take this medicine during pregnancy as it passes the placental barrier.
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Pipzo 4.5gm injection while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into breastmilk and is known to cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in babies. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have taken the Pipzo 4.5gm injection?
No information is available on the effect of this medicine on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you experience any side effects like pain or swelling at the site of injection, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pipzo 4.5gm injection?
No information is available on the interaction of this medicine with alcohol. However, consuming alcohol may exaggerate the side effects of this medicine. Thus, it is not advisable to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillin, Cephalosporins, Carbapenems.
- You develop serious skin disorders like painful rashes along with flu.
- You have diarrhoea and pus in your stool after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and report to your doctor.
- You experience bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You experience fits or convulsions.
- You have problems with kidney function.
- You have a weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps or low levels of potassium.
Mode of Action of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
How Does It Work?
Pipzo 4.5gm injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Piperacillin. Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Piperacillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
This medicine will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
Interactions of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to relax the muscles during surgery like Vecuronium.
- Close monitoring of blood function is required if you are on medicines used to stop blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat certain types of cancers like methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- If you have kidney problems and you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin and Vancomycin.
Storage and disposal of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and discard properly.
Dosage of Pipzo 4.5gm Inj
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore, it is less likely to provide you with more or less of this medicine. However, if you experience loose motions, nausea, vomiting and fits immediately after taking this injection, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that you will be missing any dose. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them. It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the fail of the therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from the flu-like common cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is used for treating severe infections caused by bacteria and not viral infections. This medicine should only be taken when prescribed by the doctor.
Q: I am on a restricted salt diet, can I take this medicine?
- No, as this medicine contains an ample amount of sodium, it is advisable to be very cautious and discuss your dietary restrictions with your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q: Who should not take the Pipzo 4.5gm injection?
- Pipzo 4.5 gm injection is not recommended for individuals suffering from liver and kidney disease, those who are allergic to active ingredients like antibiotics like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.read less
Q: What are the side effects observed after taking this medicine?
- You may experience nausea, vomiting, indigestion, headache and pain, redness, swelling at the site of injection.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Mar 2021 | 08:35 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved