Pipzo 4.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Pipzo 4.5 gm injection contains a combination of piperacillin and tazobactam as the active ingredients, Piperacillin is an antibiotic medicne and works by killing the bacteria responsible for infecti
ons. However, certain bacteria develop an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Piperacillin as a resistance mechanism. Tazobactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Piperacillin to function optimally. This medicine combination may be prescribed in the treatment of certain resistant or severe infections.
|You Save||₹51.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tazobactam(500.0 Mg) + Piperacillin(4.0 G)|
|Side effects||nausea, vomiting, indigestion, headache and pain, redness, swelling at side of injection|
- Tazar 4.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Lupin1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 280.73₹ 238.6217.92% CHEAPER₹ 238.62/Powder For Injection
- Tazomac 4.5gm Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 296.23₹ 222.1723.58% CHEAPER₹ 222.17/Powder For Injection
Uses of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
Contraindications of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- If you are allergic to Piperacillin and Tazobactam or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like Cephalosporins, Monobactam and Carbapenem.
Side effects of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection (candidiasis)
- Inflammation and swelling at the injection site
Precautions and Warnings of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- It is not advisable to take this medicine during pregnancy as it passes the placental barrier.
- However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to Penicillin, Cephalosporins, Carbapenems.
- You develop serious skin disorders like painful rashes along with flu.
- You have diarrhoea and pus in your stool after taking this medicine, immediately stop the medicine and report to your doctor.
- You experience bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You experience fits or convulsions.
- You have problems with kidney function.
- You have weakness, fatigue, muscle cramps or low levels of potassium.
Directions for Use of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
Storage and disposal of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
- Store this medicine at or below 25°C.
- Protect it from light and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and discarded properly.
Dosage of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
How Does It Work?
Interactions of PIPZO 4.5GM DRY VIAL OF 1 POWDER FOR INJECTION
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to relax the muscles during surgery like Vecuronium.
- Close monitoring of blood function is required if you are on medicines used to stop blood-thinning like Warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat certain types of cancers like methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid.
- If you have kidney problems and you are taking antibiotics like Tobramycin, Gentamicin and Vancomycin.