Hicet Dc Tablet
Hicet Dc Tablet Description
Hicet Dc Tablet is a combination medicine containing cetirizine and phenylephrine. Cetirizine has antiallergic properties and phenylephrine is a decongestant. It is used to relieve symptoms of the co
mmon cold, allergy, hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen grains or dust which includes a runny nose, sneezing, itching of the eyes, nose or throat, red eyes and watering from the eyes. It also decreases nasal congestion. Cetirizine works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Phenylephrine works by narrowing the blood vessels causing relief in nasal congestion. Nausea or vomiting, sleepiness, headache, tiredness, dizziness are some of the side effects of using this medicine.
|You Save||₹11.92 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Phenylephrine(10.0 Mg) + Cetirizine(10.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Hicet Dc Tablet
Contraindications of Hicet Dc Tablet
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, phenylephrine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe kidney diseases, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, eye conditions called angle-closure glaucoma, hyperactive thyroid, enlarged prostate gland and pheochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland)...
- If you are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medicine or have taken it within 14 days.
Side effects of Hicet Dc Tablet
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sore throat
- Increased heartbeats or feeling of heartbeats
- Irregular heartbeats
- Increased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Hicet Dc Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have difficulty in urination.
- You have seizure disorders.
- You have indigestion with some sugars.
- You have itching or rash over the body after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 7 days.
- You do not get relief after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Hicet Dc Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Hicet Dc Tablet
- Take this medicine with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Hicet Dc Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Hicet Dc Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking other decongestant medicines and medicines used in heart diseases.
Storage and disposal of Hicet Dc Tablet
- Store it at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Hicet Dc Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)