Fucibet Cream 15gm
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fucibet cream is used in the treatment of eczema (dry, itchy rashes of the skin) and dermatitis. It contains two main ingredients- Betamethasone, a corticosteroid and an antibiotic called fusidic acid. This cream is meant for external application only and should be used under the supervision of your doctor. It is not effective against fungal skin diseases. It should not be used in children below 1 year of age. The common side effects associated with this cream are itching, dryness, redness and burning sensation at the site of application.
Uses of Fucibet Cream 15gm
Fucibet cream is used in the treatment of eczema (dry, itchy rashes of the skin) and dermatitis.
Contraindications of Fucibet Cream 15gm
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredient of this cream.
- Skin infections not responding to conventional treatment.
- If you have tuberculosis or syphilis related skin infections.
- This cream should not be used for fungal infections and in children below 1 year of age.
- This cream should not be used for acne, red rashes or pimples on the face and around the mouth.
Side effects of Fucibet Cream 15gm
- Pruritis (itchy rashes and allergic reactions)
- Pain, burning, irritation at application site
- Dry skin, worsening of the skin infection
Precautions and Warnings of Fucibet Cream 15gm
Can I apply Fucibet cream during pregnancy?
Though this is a topical preparation and very small amounts are expected to enter the blood which may not be sufficient to cause any unwanted effects. It is recommended to use this cream only if prescribed during pregnancy, due to lack of sufficient safety data.
Can I apply Fucibet cream while breastfeeding?
Fucibet cream is not expected to cause any harm to the newborn baby but it is advised not to apply this cream over the breast are, if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have applied Fucibet cream?
This medicine does not affect a person's ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Fucibet cream?
It is recommended to avoid consumption of alcohol while using this cream because both betamethasone and alcohol have skin-drying effects, which can affect the patient adversely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any visual disturbances during the treatment with this cream.
- Prolonged use has to be avoided as it can cause dysfunction of the adrenal glands (adrenal insufficiency, Cushing's syndrome) leading to weight gain, hormonal issues, swollen face, skin thining etc.
- Raised intraocular pressure (glaucoma) may occur if this cream is applied near the eyes and it enters the eye by mistake, avoid applying near eyes.
- Prolonged use can lead to thinning of skin and skin damage.
- Avoid using for more than 14 days, if your skin condition is not improving see your doctor.
- Continuously using for an extended period, especially in infants and children, may cause hormonal issues, developmental and growth issues.
- You have applied this cream, do not smoke or go near flames as it increases the chances of burns.
Mode of Action of Fucibet Cream 15gm
How Does It Work?
Betamethasone is a steroid when applied on skin has anti-inflammatory effects, it decreases itching and swelling. Fusidic acid is an antibiotic which stops growth and multiplication of bacteria. This results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Fucibet Cream 15gm
- Use Fucibet cream as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Fucibet Cream 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Fucibet cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Dosage of Fucibet Cream 15gm
As Fucibet cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe the out the excess of the cream with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed an application of Fucibet cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Fucibet cream?
- Apply a small quantity on the affected region, usually 2 times a day. Sometimes you can cover the applied area with a thin polythene film (occlude) and leave it overnight.
- This cream should not be used for more than 2 weeks, at any one time, as it may lead to antibiotic resistance.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before and after using the cream.
- Do not use this cream on the face, groin or underarms unless prescribed by the doctor.
Q: What are the precautions I should take while using Fucibet cream?
- Fucibet cream can cause visual problems if it enters the eye. Hence, do not apply it anywhere near the eyes.
- Care and caution are also advised when applying this cream near the mouth or the nose.
- You are advised not to smoke or move close to any flames while using this cream as contact with the cream or clothing in contact with the cream burns easily.
- Wash your clothes and beddings frequently while using this cream.
Q: What causes eczema?
A: Eczema or Atopic dermatitis is the occurrence of itchy rashes on the skin which commonly caused due to dryness of skin, allergy, detergents, climate changes or any irritants. Most often, the exact cause of eczema cannot be established but eczematous skin infections are different from fungal skin infections.
Q: What is Cushing's syndrome?
- Cushing's Syndrome is a condition which happens due to prolonged use of corticosteroids. The common symptoms include weight gain, fat deposits at the stomach region and the upper back between the shoulders (buffalo hump) or in the face (moon face), purplish or pink stretch marks (called striae) on the skin of stomach, thighs, breasts and arms. The skin also may become fragile causing easy bruises. Though Cushing's syndrome is more common with oral corticosteroids taken for prolonged periods, topical and inhaled corticosteroids taken over a while also can cause Cushing syndrome.read less
Q: What are the things I should avoid while using this medicine?
- Do not use this medication on fungal infections, infections that are not related to eczema (not due to allergy), skin infections due to tuberculosis or syphilis, rashes or any patches or lesions over the face, on rashes due to vaccines, skin ulcers or pimples (acne)read less
- Do not use this cream in children aged less than 1 year. Do not self-prescribe this medication or share this medicine (the same tube) with others. Do not use this medicine for more than 2 times a day and use it at the same time each day for better efficacyread less
Q: How much of the Betamethasone/ Fusidic acid cream can be applied at one time?
A: The amount of cream to be applied to different regions of the body varies. The cream should usually be applied using fingertips and the normal amounts of cream that may be applied are 1-2 fingertips for the feet and the hands, 2-3 fingertips for face, neck and the arm (excluding the hand), 6 fingertips for one leg (excluding the foot) and 7 fingertips for the front or back of the trunk. Always use your index finger to apply the cream and one fingertip means the amount of cream that spans from the tip of the finger to the first joint, usually in a single squeeze. A little more or less than the prescribed amount is usually not a cause of worry but it is safer to stick to these instructions.
Q: Can Fucibet cream be used for psoriasis?
A: Fucibet cream has betamethasone which has anti-inflammatory properties. However, your doctor will decide depending on the underlying condition and severity of your disorder.
Q: Can I use Fucibet cream on my dog?
A: The safety and efficacy of Fucibet cream in an animal are not known, consult with your vet for further information.
Q: Can we use Fucibet cream mixed with moisturisers?
- Do not mix Fucibet cream with any moisturiser, it will result in dilution of the cream and desirable effects we are getting from it may be hampered.
Q: Does Fucibet cream cure acne?
A: Fucibet cream is indicated for eczema and dermatitis (allergic skin disorders), it does not cure acne as the cause for your acne needs to be diagnosed by your dermatologist.
Q: How long should I use Fucibet cream?
A: Your dermatologist will decide the dose and duration for application of this cream. Do not use it for more than 14 days unless your doctor advises it. It contains a steroid and prolonged usage of steroid is not advisable without medical supervision.
Q: Can I stop the treatment with Fucibet cream, if my symptoms disappear?
A: No, you should not stop the treatment with Fucibet cream even if symptoms disappear. You should complete the course of treatment given by your doctor. You should never miss your dose as it may lead to treatment failure and recurrence of symptoms.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 11:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved