Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Dologel Ct Gel 10gm Description
Dologel-CT gel is a topical gel. It is used to provide temporary relief from pain and discomfort due to mouth ulcers, dentures or dental attachments like dental braces. Dologel CT contains choline sa
licylate and lidocaine (also called lignocaine). This gel is an external topical medicine and should not be swallowed. Use Dologel-CT exactly as told by your doctor. You may rarely experience side effects like application site swelling or itching while on treatment with Dologel-CT gel. If you feel the side effects persist, contact your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor about all the topical medicine and conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Dologel-CT gel.
|You Save||₹14.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Choline Salicylate(8.7 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.0 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, redness and itching at site of application|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR APHTHOUS ULCERS|
Uses of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Contraindications of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
- If you are allergic to lidocaine or choline salicylate or any other ingredients of Dologel-CT gel.
- If you have stomach ulcers or ulcers in any part of your gut.
- If you have asthma or any respiratory disorders.
- It should not be used in children and adolescents under the age of 16.
Side effects of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Precautions and Warnings of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Other General Warnings
- You are taking aspirin or other salicylate-containing medicines as this gel already contains salicylate.
- You have a fever, headache, nausea, vomiting and sore throat after treatment with this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are on any medical treatment.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and do not swallow it.
- Dologel-CT gel can cause numbness of the tongue. Hence, care should be taken while eating or drinking hot foods.
Mode of Action of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Choline salicylate is an anti-inflammatory medicine and works by inhibiting the chemical substances which are responsible for pain and inflammation.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic it numbs the area where it is applied. It works by stopping nerves from sending pain signals to your brain.
Directions for Use of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
- Use Dologel-CT gel as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- Apply the gel and gently rub it onto the affected areas.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after applying this medicine.
- It is strictly for local (topical) application only and should not be swallowed.
Interactions of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- It is less likely that Dologel-CT gel may interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Dologel-CT gel may interfere with thinning blood medicines (Warfarin, Heparin, etc.) and medicines that are used to treat gout or a type of arthritis due to uric acid deposits in joints (colchicine, etc.)....
Storage and disposal of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Dosage of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Dologel-CT gel in elderly people?
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I use a Dologel-CT gel tube?
Q: What is the use of Dologel-CT gel?
Q: Can we apply Dologel-CT gel on babies gums?
Q: Can we swallow Dologel-CT gel?
Q: Can I consume food after applying Dologel-CT gel?
Q: Does Dologel-Ct gel help in relieving gum pain?
Q: How long does it take for Dologel-CT gel to take effect?
Q: Can I use Dologel ct for babies?
Q: Is there any side effect of using Dologel ct?
Q: What is the composition of the Dologel Ct?
Q: Is there any substitute for Dologel Ct?
Q: Can Dologel be applied on skin?
Q: How many times we can apply Dologel?
- Bonjela Cool Mint Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Boots Anaesthetic Sore Throat Relief 2% w/v Spray - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- QUEST 3+ Product Search [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Bonjela Cool Mint Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]
- Boots Anaesthetic Sore Throat Relief 2% w/v Spray - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 May 2022]