Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10g Mouth Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dologel-CT gel is a topical gel used to provide temporary relief from pain and discomfort due to mouth ulcers, dentures or dental attachments like dental braces. It contains choline salicylate and lid
ocaine (also called lignocaine). It is meant for topical application and should not be swallowed. Use this medicine exactly as told by your doctor. You may rarely experience side effects like application site swelling or itching while on treatment with Dologel-CT gel. If you feel the side effects persist, contact your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbs and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
Uses of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Dologel-CT gel is used to provide temporary relief of pain and discomfort associated with mouth ulcers or injury due to any dental attachments.
Contraindications of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
- If you are allergic to lidocaine or choline salicylate or any other ingredients of Dologel-CT gel.
- If you have stomach ulcers or ulcers in any part of your gut.
- If you have asthma or any respiratory disorders.
- It should not be used in children and adolescents under the age of 16.
Side effects of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Application site burning, redness and itching.
Precautions and Warnings of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Can I apply Dologel-CT Gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Dologel-CT gel during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I apply Dologel-CT Gel while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before using Dologel-CT gel while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Dologel-CT Gel?
Dologel-CT gel is to be applied topically and it is less likely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Dologel-CT Gel?
Alcohol should be avoided if there are any mouth ulcers or inflammation in the mouth as it can make the ulcer more painful. Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of Dologel-CT gel as well.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking aspirin or other salicylate-containing medicines as this gel already contains salicylate.
- You have a fever, headache, nausea, vomiting and sore throat after treatment with this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are on any medical treatment.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and do not swallow it.
- The Dologel-CT gel can cause numbness of the tongue. Hence, care should be taken while eating or drinking hot foods.
Mode of Action of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
How Does It Work?
- Choline salicylate is an anti-inflammatory medicine and works by inhibiting the chemical substances which are responsible for pain and inflammation.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic it numbs the area where it is applied. It works by stopping nerves from sending pain signals to your brain.
Directions for Use of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
- Use Dologel-CT gel as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- Apply the gel and gently rub it onto the affected areas.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after applying this medicine.
- It is strictly for local (topical) application only and should not be swallowed.
Interactions of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- It is less likely that Dologel-CT gel may interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Dologel-CT gel may interfere with thinning blood medicines (Warfarin, Heparin, etc.) and medicines that are used to treat gout or a type of arthritis due to uric acid deposits in joints (colchicine, etc.)....Read more
Storage and disposal of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Store Dologel-CT gel below 30°C in a clean and dry place. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Do not use this gel after the expiry date has passed.
Dosage of Dologel Ct Gel 10gm
Excess of Dologel-CT gel will lead to salicylate toxicity, symptoms of which may include dizziness, ringing in the ears and deafness. If you experience any of the symptoms or if you have swallowed thi
s medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Dologel-CT gel may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed an application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the mi
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Dologel-CT gel in elderly people?
A: Yes, Dologel-CT gel can be used in elderly patients only after consulting the doctor.
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I use a Dologel-CT gel tube?
A: Yes, Dologel-CT gel can be used in a diabetic patient but with a lot of precaution. It is mandatory to consult and inform the doctor.
Q: What is the use of Dologel-CT gel?
A: Dologel-CT gel is used to provide short-term relief from pain and discomfort due to mouth ulcers, dentures or dental attachments like dental braces.
Q: Can we apply Dologel-CT gel on babies gums?
A: No, Dologel-CT gel is not recommended for use in children.
Q: Can we swallow Dologel-CT gel?
A: No, you should not swallow Dologel-CT gel. In case of accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately.
Q: Can I consume food after applying Dologel-CT gel?
A: You should avoid the immediate consumption of food and fluids after the application of Dologel-CT gel.
Q: Does Dologel-Ct gel help in relieving gum pain?
A: Yes, Dologel-CT gel does help in relieving pain and inflammation of the gums.
Q: How long does it take for Dologel-CT gel to take effect?
A: Dologel-CT gel starts showing its effect within few minutes after its application.
Q: Can I use Dologel ct for babies?
A: No, it is not meant for use in children below 16 years.
Q: Is there any side effect of using Dologel ct?
A: You may experience unusual sensations like burning, or irritation at the time of application, that usually goes away with time.
- Bonjela Cool Mint Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- Boots Anaesthetic Sore Throat Relief 2% w/v Spray - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- QUEST 3+ Product Search [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- Bonjela Cool Mint Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- Boots Anaesthetic Sore Throat Relief 2% w/v Spray - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
|You Save||₹12.79 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Choline Salicylate(8.7 %),Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.0 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, redness and itching at site of application|
Last Updated on: 14 Oct 2021 | 10:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved