Pregabin 150mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Pregabin 150 MG Description
Pregabin Capsule is used to treat nerve-related pain (neuropathic pain) associated with spinal cord injury, trauma or other degenerative disorders. It contains pregabalin as its main ingredient. This
medicine protects the nerve fibres and helps in the rejuvenation of the damaged nerve cells. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Pregabin Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pregabin 150 MG
- For the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli....
- For the management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in the muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
- As adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial-onset seizures (characterised by abnormal electrical activity in only one part of the brain).
Contraindications of Pregabin 150 MG
Side effects of Pregabin 150 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Pregabin 150 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop an allergic reaction like bumps, itching, swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing after taking the Pregabin Capsule, immediately seek medical help.
- You have a heart problem or you are diabetic or have kidney function problems.
- You are above 60 years of age or have any respiratory disorders.
- Pregabin Capsule can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness, stomach discomfort, constipation, etc.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits.
- Do not stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- Pregabin Capsule is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pregabin 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pregabin 150 MG
Interactions of Pregabin 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Pregabin Capsule may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how the Pregabin Capsule works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders or calmness of the brain, as it can cause sleepiness or dizziness.
- Medicines like oxycodone used for serious painful conditions if taken along can lead to a loss of memory and the ability to perform normal physical movements.
Storage and disposal of Pregabin 150 MG
- Store the Pregabin Capsule below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pregabin 150 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pregabin Capsule a normal painkiller?
Q: Can I stop taking the Pregabin Capsule on my own?
Q: What is neuropathic pain and how is it different from muscle pain?
- Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications. Muscle pain occurs due to the tearing and stretching of muscles or tendons. It is characterised by symptoms like muscle pain, joint pain, restricted motions, etc....
- Lyrica 100 mg hard capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- LYRICA (pregabalin) Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Pregabalin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Chopra K, Tiwari V. Alcoholic neuropathy: possible mechanisms and future treatment possibilities. 2021.
- NOVA Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]