Predmet 8mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Predmet 8 MG Description
Predmet 8 mg tablet contains methylprednisolone as an active ingredient. It is effective against inflammation and is immunosuppressive. It prevents the release of substances that cause inflammation.
Take Predmet 8mg for the prescribed duration and do not miss any dose of this medicine. Inform your doctor if you have any medical condition, pregnant, breastfeeding or are on any medications, before initiating treatment with tablet Predmet 8mg.
|You Save||₹8.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)|
|Uses||To reduce pain and inflammation|
|Side effects||Upset stomach, mood swings, nausea, vomiting , weight gain|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Predmet 8mg Tablet
- Megmapred 8mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Megma Helathcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.90₹ 48.36₹ 4.84/Tablet
Uses of Predmet 8 MG
It is used to treat asthma, acute bronchitis, arthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Crohn's disease (an intestinal disease), eczema, multiple sclerosis and ulcerative colitis.
Contraindications of Predmet 8 MG
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient methylprednisolone or any other ingredient of Predmet 8 tablet.
- If you suffer from or use medicines for fungal infections.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- If you suffer from liver or kidney diseases.
Side effects of Predmet 8 MG
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle fatigue
- Stomach pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Increased susceptibility to infections
- Decreased sleep
- Blurring of vision
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Increased blood sugar levels
- Increased salt and water contents in the body
- Delayed growth in children
Precautions and Warnings of Predmet 8 MG
Can I take the Predmet 8 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Predmet 8 can be taken in low doses during pregnancy at the discretion of the doctor. But avoid this medicine if you are prescribed higher doses as it may affect the growth of the foetus. Consult the doctor before starting this medicine. If you become pregnant during the treatment, inform the doctor.
Can I take the Predmet 8 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Tab Predmet is known to pass into the mother's milk in very small quantities that do not cause serious effects to the newborn. The women taking a higher dose of this medicine and those taking it for a long term must be cautious as it might affect the newborn. Consult the doctor before taking this medicine during the breastfeeding phase.
Can I drive after taking Predmet 8 mg tablet?
Predmet 8 tablet is known to cause side effects like confusion, disorientation or blurred vision that can affect the ability to drive. Avoid driving after taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Predmet 8 mg tablet?
No known interaction is available with alcohol, consult the physician before drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to methylprednisolone or other ingredients in the tablet.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You suffer from liver disease.
- You suffer from kidney disease.
- You suffer from high blood pressure and/or diabetes.
- You suffer from a fungal infection or using medicines for the same.
- You suffer from bacterial infections.
- You suffer from a joint disorder like osteoporosis.
- You suffer from gastric disturbances.
- You suffer from the conditions like underactive thyroid gland, mood disorders, heart diseases, worm infection, muscle problems, inflammation of the pancreas, stomach and intestine.
- You have taken vaccination recently.
Mode of Action of Predmet 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Methylprednisolone is a synthetic steroid. Steroids are hormones produced in the human body and are responsible for maintaining normal body functions. It suppresses the immune response in allergies and inflammation and during organ transplantation. It delays the progress of leukaemia (Blood cancer) and is critical in the maintenance of normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Predmet 8 MG
Take Predmet tablet as advised by the doctor. Do not break or crush the tablet, swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Stopping it without medical advice leads to adverse effects. Similarly, taking more or less than prescribed is also harmful....
Interactions of Predmet 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You may require a stronger dose of Predmet 4 mg tablet in case you are using anti-tubercular medicines like Rifampicin, antibiotics like rifabutin, medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbital and Phenytoin....
- Concomitant use of antibiotic medicine like Troleandomycin and Isoniazid, blood pressure medicine like Mibefradil and ulcer medicine like Cimetidine leads to steroid toxicity.
- If you are using medicines like Carbamazepine used to treat fits, medicine like Aprepitant to stop vomiting, antifungal medicines like Itraconazole, medicines used to treat blood pressure and angina like Diltiazem, oral contraceptive medicines like Ethinyl estradiol and Norethindrone, antibiotics like Erythromycin and Clarithromycin, immunosuppressants like Cyclosporin and Tacrolimus, you experience side effects of either of the medicine....
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are using painkillers or aspirin along with Medrol 4 mg tablet.
- Medicines used for muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) like Distigmine, Neostigmine and Pancuronium, if taken along lead to muscle weakness.
- Cautious is advised while taking anti-diabetic medicine, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill and aminoglutethimide.
Interactions with food items
There are no significant interactions with food but it is advisable to avoid grape juice while on its medication.
Other general Interactions
The medicine may affect conditions like bleeding disorders, diabetes, osteoporosis and gastrointestinal problems.
Storage and disposal of Predmet 8 MG
Store it at room temperature and away from direct sunlight, heat, moisture and children. Keep it in original packing when not in use. The unused medicine must be discarded with proper disposal methods as advised. Keep it away from children and pets....
Dosage of Predmet 8 MG
Taking more than the prescribed dose of Predmet 8mg tablet causes side effects, which can become severe over time. You must seek medical assistance in case you take an excess of Predmet 8mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I let know my healthcare provider before taking the Predmet 8 mg tablet?
A: Inform the healthcare provider about the complete medical/surgical history, if you have diseases like bleeding anomalies, fungal infections, kidneys' ailments or liver diseases.
Q: What is the duration of the effect of this medicine?
A: The effect of this medicine lasts for about 36 hours.
Q: Can I take vaccinations while taking the medicine?
A: It reduces the effectiveness of some vaccines, consult the doctor before doing so.
Q: Is this medicine safe for children?
A: It must be given to children if it is medically prescribed and in the dose, as prescribed under adult supervision.
Q: How can I take this medicine with or without food?
A: The active ingredient methylprednisolone causes an upset stomach thus must be taken with or after food. Follow the instructions as suggested by the doctor.
Q: Is Predmet a blood thinner?
A: No, it is not a blood thinner. It contains methylprednisolone which is a steroid.
Q: Can Predmet increase blood sugar level?
A: Yes, increased blood sugar level is one of the common side effects of this medicine. Please inform the doctor if you have diabetes, before taking this medicine.
Q: Can Predmet be taken empty stomach?
A: Predmet should preferably be taken with food as advised by the doctor. This will make you less likely to get an upset stomach.
Q: What are the side effects of Predmet?
A: Muscle cramps, fatigue, diarrhoea, stomach pain, nausea or vomiting, weight gain are a few common side effects of Predmet. If any of these symptoms persist for long, inform your doctor.
Q: Can Predmet be stopped suddenly?
A: No, do not stop taking your steroid medicine suddenly especially if you've been on it for more than 2 weeks. It can cause extra side effects if you stop taking it suddenly. Ask your doctor about whether you need to stop taking it or not.
Q: How can I reduce the side effects of Predmet?
A: If you experience stomach discomfort then take this medicine with Predmet to reduce the chances of stomach problems. If you observe weight gain, then proper diet and regular exercise will also help to keep your weight stable. Please consult a doctor if you have any concerns about the side effects of this medicine.
Q: Does Predmet cause weakness?
A: Yes, sometimes individuals might experience weakness during the treatment, as a side effect. Although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed