Macpred 8mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Macpred 8 MG Description
Macpred 8 tablet contains methylprednisolone, a steroid as its active ingredient. Macpred 8 is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. You should ta
ke this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop the medicine abruptly otherwise it can increase the risk of serious health consequences.
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Macpred 8mg Tablet
- Pradoza 8mg Tablets 10'sBy Arinna Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.19₹ 57.199.64% CHEAPER₹ 5.72/Tablet
- Dispred 8mg Tablet 10'sBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.39₹ 53.8814.85% CHEAPER₹ 5.39/Tablet
- Sterio 8mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 61.72₹ 53.0816.11% CHEAPER₹ 5.31/Tablet
- Nucort M 8mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.01₹ 52.7116.75% CHEAPER₹ 5.27/Tablet
- Predace 8mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 55.37₹ 55.3712.48% CHEAPER₹ 5.54/Tablet
- Medrol 8mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Pfizer Product India Private Limited14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.76₹ 78.0811.85% CHEAPER₹ 5.58/Tablet
- Coelone 8mg TabletBy Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.39₹ 55.1512.8% CHEAPER₹ 5.52/Tablet
- Ivepred 8mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.30₹ 54.4414.06% CHEAPER₹ 5.44/Tablet
- Predmet 8mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Sun Pharma15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.95₹ 80.7115.01% CHEAPER₹ 5.38/Tablet
- Zempred 8mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.30₹ 53.8015.01% CHEAPER₹ 5.38/Tablet
Uses of Macpred 8 MG
Macpred 8 tablet is indicated for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Macpred 8 MG
If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids or any other components of this medicine. If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe. If you have any untreated infection. If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled....
Side effects of Macpred 8 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Eye disorders like cataracts
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Macpred 8 MG
Can I take Macpred 8 tablet during pregnancy?
Macpred 8 tablet should not be given to pregnant women unless it is considered necessary by the doctor.
Can I take Macpred 8 tablet while breastfeeding?
Macpred 8 tablet may pass into breast milk in small amounts. Hence the use of Macpred 8 is not recommended during breastfeeding unless it is absolutely necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Macpred 8 tablet?
Macpred 8 tablet can cause disorientation, confusion and mental problems. Therefore, if you experience any of these symptoms after taking Macpred 8 tablet, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Macpred 8 tablet?
There is no known interaction of the Macpred 8 tablet with alcohol. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of medical condition like heart-related disorder, allergies, fungal infections, bleeding disorders and osteoporosis.
- You are elderly.
- Macpred 8 tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Macpred 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Macpred 8 tablet is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness. Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Macpred 8 MG
- Take the medicine exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Macpred 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can alter the effectiveness of Macpred 8 tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Immunosuppressants like ciclosporin and tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) such as distigmine, neostigmine, and pancuronium, if taken along with Macpred 8 tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Macpred 8 MG
- Keep the medicine at room temperature and away from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard off the unused and expired medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Macpred 8 MG
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects, which can become severe over time. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it is time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I inform my doctor before taking the Macpred 8 tablet?
A: You must inform your doctor if you have diabetes, as this medicine may increase sugar levels or if you have recently received any live vaccines such as measle, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox or flu.
Q: Does the Macpred 8 tablet affect vaccinations?
A: Macpred 8 can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any vaccine.
Q: Can I stop taking Macpred 8 tablet on my own?
A: No steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed