Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By PIRAMAL PHARMA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Polaramine Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in common cold and allergy including allergy to pollen or dust. It contains chlorpheniramine, which is an antiallergic group of medicines. It works b
y opposing the action of histamine, formed in the body in certain allergic conditions. Take as prescribed by a doctor. Polaramine Tablet should not be used in pregnancy, breastfeeding, and children below 6-years of age. Inform the doctor about other medicines you are consuming, especially the medicines for brain diseases or to induce sleep, as concomitant use of the medicines with Polaramine Tablet, causes excessive sleepiness....
Uses of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Polaramine Tablet used to relieve symptoms of common cold, allergy, and hay fever, an allergy caused by pollen or dust. The symptoms may include runny nose, sneezing, itching of eyes, nose or throat,
red eyes, and watering from eyes....
Contraindications of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer.
- If you have glaucoma, a condition where eye pressure is increased.
- If you may have a urinary bladder or prostate problem.
- If you are taking medicines for psychiatric disorders (MAO inhibitors).
- The medicine should not be given to a child less than 6-years of age.
Side effects of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Dryness of nose, mouth or throat
- Fast heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Polaramine Tablet during pregnancy?
Components of Polaramine Tablet are known to be harmful to the unborn baby. Thus, it should be avoided in pregnant women. If you become pregnant while on the treatment with the medicine, then immediately inform the doctor.
Can I take Polaramine Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of Polaramine Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. However, as a component of the medicine is known to be excreted in milk, the medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Polaramine Tablet?
Polaramine Tablet causes sleepiness. If you are taking the medicine, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Polaramine Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with Polaramine Tablet increases sleepiness. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking the medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop an allergic reaction after taking Polaramine Tablet
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You have asthma or other breathing problems.
- Your blood pressure is high.
- You have an overactive thyroid.
- You have an allergy to other medicines or food.
- You are taking medicines for sleeplessness.
Mode of Action of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Chlorpheniramine in Polaramine Tablet works by opposing the action of histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Directions for Use of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Polaramine Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It may be taken with or without food. It will be best if
you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Polaramine Tablet or Polaramine Tablet itself may affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always inform the doctor about medicines you are taking, that includes prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for other disorder....Read more
- If you on medications like antipsychotic medicine, antiepileptic medicines such as phenytoin, medicines used to induce calmness etc.
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are moclobemide, Phenelzine, and Tranylcypromine, as they may interfere with the action of Polaramine Tablet when given together.
Storage and disposal of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Polaramine Tablet at room temperature at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Polaramine 2mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose of Polaramine Tablet include sleepiness, dry mouth, flushing, fever, confusion, weakness, ringing sensation in ears, blurring of vision, sleeplessness, and rarely seizures.
- If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Polaramine Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. Time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the intake of Polaramine Tablet cause sleepiness?
A: Yes, sleepiness is the main side effect of Polaramine Tablet. Thus belongs to a group of medicine called sedating antihistamines.
Q: How does Polaramine Tablet work?
A: Polaramine Tablet works by opposing the action of a substance called histamine, a chemical formed in the body in certain allergic conditions.
Q: Can Polaramine Tablet be taken with other cold or allergy medicine such as cetirizine?
A: Taking Polaramine Tablet with other cold or allergy medicine should be avoided, as it may increase sleepiness or may cause other untoward side effects.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 04:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved