Pionorm 7.5mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pionorm 7.5 MG Description
Pionorm Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is useful in improving the blood sugar levels of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. While taking this
medicine, you should be cautious of your diet and should also exercise regularly. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Your doctor may frequently ask you to monitor your blood sugar levels while on treatment with Pionorm.
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, weight gain, blurred vision|
Check more medicines with composition as Pioglitazone(7.5 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pionorm 7.5mg Tablet
- Piohope 7.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 50.00₹ 42.50₹ 4.25/Tablet
- Pioz 7.5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 93.45₹ 79.43₹ 7.94/Tablet
- Piopar 7.5mg Strip Of 30 TabletsBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 96.80₹ 96.80₹ 3.23/Tablet
- Pioglit 7.5mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.00₹ 60.35₹ 6.04/Tablet
Uses of Pionorm 7.5 MG
Pionorm Tablet is used in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients to improve their blood sugar levels, along with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Pionorm 7.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Pioglitazone or any of the ingredient of Pionorm Tablet.
- If you have diabetic ketoacidosis (uncontrolled diabetes along with nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, rapid weight loss).
- If you are suffering from any heart problems like heart failure.
- If you have any problems with your liver.
- If you ever had or have bladder cancer.
- If you notice blood in your urine and your doctor is not aware of it.
Side effects of Pionorm 7.5 MG
- Respiratory tract infection like cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat
- Weight gain
- Abnormal or blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Pionorm 7.5 MG
Can I take Pionorm Tablet during pregnancy?
Pionorm Tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Pionorm Tablet while breastfeeding?
Pionorm Tablet should not use this medicine while breastfeeding as it is unknown if Pioglitazone passes into breastmilk. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pionorm Tablet?
Pionorm Tablet may blur your vision and make you feel dizzy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Pionorm Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Pionorm Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any liver disease.
- You are suffering from any heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You are suffering from a certain type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema.
- You notice any type of swelling or have fluid retention, as Pionorm Tablet may worsen your condition.
- You have cysts on your ovaries.
- Pionorm may increase the risk of bone fractures.
- When taking this medicine along with other antidiabetic medicines, you may experience episodes of low blood sugar. Always carry sugar or a bar of chocolate. Do not consume sugar-free during such episodes....
- Pionorm Tablet is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pionorm 7.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Pioglitazone in Pionorm Tablet works by helping the body make better use of the insulin it produces.
Directions for Use of Pionorm 7.5 MG
Pionorm Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Pionorm 7.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Pionorm Tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Pionorm Tablet should be used with caution along with gemfibrozil (used to lower blood cholesterol) and rifampicin (antibiotic) as it may after its effects. Close monitoring of your blood sugar levels is necessary....
Interactions with food items
Pionorm Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Pionorm 7.5 MG
Store Pionorm Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Pionorm 7.5 MG
Please seek immediate medical care if you experience any symptoms of low blood sugar (dizziness, shakiness, confusion, anxiety, palpitations, etc) or suspect an overdose with Pionorm Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Pionorm Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pionorm Tablet?
A: Pionorm Tablet is used in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients to improve their blood sugar levels, along with diet and exercise.
Q: How to take Pionorm Tablet?
A: Pionorm Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Can Pionorm Tablet be given to children?
A: No, Pionorm Tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years old, as there is limited safety information available.
Q: What is the content present in Pionorm?
A: The content present in Pionorm is pioglitazone as its active component, which is an anti-diabetic medicine.
Q: What are the side effects of Pionorm?
A: Headache, dizziness, numbness, weight gain, blurred vision are a few common side effects of Pionorm, although not everyone gets them. Side effects often improve as your body gets used to the medicine.
Q: When should I take Pionorm?
A: You should take Pionorm exactly as advised by the doctor with or without food. But it is advised to take it at the same time each day for maximum benefits.
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Pioglitazone Accord 15 mg tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed