Pilogo Cream Description
Pilogo Cream is used to relieve pain and bleeding in piles and other diseases similar to it. Piles are usually characterized by pain while passing stools or blood in stools. It contains beclomethason
e, lidocaine/lignocaine and phenylephrine. If you do not get your piles treated, it may lead to irritation, bleeding and many other complications. Beclomethasone helps in reducing inflammation and swelling, Phenylephrine helps bleeding and Lidocaine by its anaesthetic action relieves pain locally. Pilogo Cream should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
|You Save||₹12.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Beclometasone(0.025 %) + Phenylephrine(0.1 %) + Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.5 %)|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, redness, irritation, thinning of the skin.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PILES|
Uses of Pilogo Cream
Contraindications of Pilogo Cream
- If you are allergic to beclomethasone, lidocaine/lignocaine and phenylephrine or any other ingredients of Pilogo Cream.
- If you have an infection at the site of application unless you are simultaneously taking antibiotics prescribed by your doctor for it.
- This medicine is not meant to be used for children below 12 years of age.
- You should not use this cream for prolonged duration or excess quantities of Pilogo Cream as it contains a steroid and local anesthetic.
Side effects of Pilogo Cream
Precautions and Warnings of Pilogo Cream
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You have any underlying conditions or diseases, your liver or kidneys are not functioning properly.
- You should avoid the contact of this cream with eyes, mouth or open skin wounds and accidental exposure to eyes, mouth, blisters and open wounds.
- You should avoid applying to a large area which may cause more of the cream to be absorbed and may cause blurred vision, dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty breathing, trembling, chest pain or irregular heartbeats....
- The use of Pilogo Cream should be avoided for more than 14 days in any case without proper medical advice as this may lead to thinning of the skin around the area applied.
- You should take care not to damage your skin due to scratching, friction, hot or cold temperatures as due to the effect of this cream, you will not be able to feel pain due to the damage caused accidentally....
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Pilogo Cream
How Does It Work?
- Pilogo Cream works by the combined action of its three constituents, Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lidocaine.
- Beclomethasone is a steroid that acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substances, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness. As a result, it reduces the swelling, pain and itching in the anal area....
- Phenylephrine is a vasoconstrictor it acts on blood vessels and constricts the blood vessels of the anal area and thus, reduces bleeding and swelling. It can also reduce irritation and itching.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic it numbs the area where it is applied. It works by stopping nerves from sending pain signals to your brain.
Directions for Use of Pilogo Cream
- Use Pilogo Cream as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instruction on the label carefully before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream.
- Avoid direct contact of the container with the wound.
- Use an applicator if the internal application is required.
Interactions of Pilogo Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this Pilogo Cream is to be applied on the skin. It is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Pilogo Cream with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine & Lignocaine, any interactions seen with these 3 components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Pilogo Cream should be used with caution with medicines used to treat disorders related to heart rate like Tocainide, Mexiletine and Amiodarone as the effect of these medicines on the heart is aggravated causing a decrease in heart rate....
Storage and disposal of Pilogo Cream
- Pilogo Cream should be stored in a cool and dry place.
- It should not be frozen.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion or cream no longer required properly.
Dosage of Pilogo Cream
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Pilogo Cream for piles and what are piles?
Q: What is an Anal fissure?
Q: Will it be more effective if I apply more Pilogo Cream than what is advised?
Q: Can I stop using Pilogo Cream if my symptoms go away?
Q: What should I eat and what should be avoided if I have piles?
- Consume a diet with good amounts of fibre, as it can improve the passage of bowels.
- Consume whole grains, leafy vegetables, lentils and fruits.
- Avoid binge drinking and smoking and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights as it can put pressure on the anal area.
Q: What other things can I do to care for piles?
Q: Can this cream be used in children?
Q: What is Pilogo Cream used for?
Q: What is the composition of Pilogo Cream?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Pilogo Cream?
Q: Can I use Pilogo Cream for anal fissure?
Q: Can Pilogo Cream be used by lactating mothers?
Q: Is Pilogo Cream safe for pregnant women?
Q: Can Pilogo Cream be used for fungal infections?
- Proctosedyl bd (Cream with Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine & Lignocaine) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- Phenylephrine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- LMX4 Lidocaine 4% w/w Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]
- LMX4 Lidocaine 4% w/w Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 February 2022]