Perinorm Syrup 30ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
30ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Perinorm 5 MG Description
Perinorm Syrup 30ml is a medicine with a composition of metoclopramide, which comes under the category of a dopamine-receptor antagonist, which is usually used to treat specifically stomach and oesop
hagus related troubles.
Check more medicines with composition as Metoclopramide(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Perinorm 5 MG
Perinorm Syrup 30ml uses are chiefly to treat stomach emptying disorders usually seen in diabetes patients. It is also used to prevent acid-related problems, especially acid reflux from the stomach to oesophagus. In children, it also prevents delayed chemotherapy-induced vomiting problems....
Contraindications of Perinorm 5 MG
- Not to be used if your child has an allergy to its contents. Children may experience rashes and may feel sleepy.
- If your child has any of the following conditions, inform your healthcare practitioner:
- Adrenal tumours
- Involuntary muscle problems
- History of Parkinson's disease.
- Blood pigment disorders.
Side effects of Perinorm 5 MG
Perinorm Syrup 30ml side effects include dizziness, tiredness, pain in head, loose stools, and repeated urination.
Precautions and Warnings of Perinorm 5 MG
Can I take Perinorm Syrup 30ml during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, this medicine should be used only when advised by your doctor.
Can I take Perinorm Syrup 30ml while breastfeeding?
Do not take this medicine if you are breast feeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Perinorm Syrup 30ml?
This drug is known to hamper alertness, so it is better to avoid making children engage in activities that require alertness like driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Perinorm Syrup 30ml?
Children usually are not exposed to alcohol. Alcohol can enhance drowsiness when taken with this medicine. So if by mistake, your child ingests it while taking Perinorm Syrup 30ml, consult your physician.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Avoid this medication if your child is allergic to this drug, if any other conditions such as kidney disorders are present or if your child has depression.
- Sometimes your child may experience involuntary muscle contractions which can occur after prolonged use of this medicine. If any of these observed, inform your physician on an immediate basis.
Mode of Action of Perinorm 5 MG
How Does It Work?
It helps in increasing motility of stomach and intestine, which speeds up the process of emptying food and does not let food reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Perinorm 5 MG
- Take Perinorm Syrup 30ml dosage as prescribed by your physician. Make sure that your child is getting the correct treatment.
- Always take the pediatric spoon or any measuring instrument provided with the package. Avoid using kitchen spoons to measure the dose of the syrup.
- Ensure that your child has taken medicine properly. Avoid skipping the dose even if your child feels alright.
Interactions of Perinorm 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Do not take this drug with pain medications, anti-parkinson medicines, sleep-inducing and anti-convulsion medicines.
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions with food.
Other general Interactions
Do not give this medicine to your child if he/she has or had fits or any other involuntary muscle spasm disorder.
Storage and disposal of Perinorm 5 MG
- Keep the syrup away so that children will not take it by themselves. Make sure that the medication remains in a place that is free from moisture and the bottle is tightly closed after use. Do not refrigerate the syrup; keep it in room temperature....
- After the medication has been taken, you can dispose of it in water or alcohol. Mix the dissolved drug with disposable waste and put in a container to throw it in the trash.
Dosage of Perinorm 5 MG
When taking Perinorm Syrup 30ml dosage it is better to stop giving the medicine if your child shows signs such as extreme drowsiness or lack of alertness.
Missed a Dose
- If you happen to forget a dose and remember it before the next dose, then give it immediately.
- Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking a double dose and go back to the regular dose plan.
- If you have any further queries regarding this, consult your paediatrician or pharmacist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to give my child while giving Perinorm Syrup 30ml?
A: There are no particular concerns regarding diet unless your medical practitioner advises so.
Q: Any additional things I need to take care of while giving this medication to my child?
- Regularly attend follow-ups as planned by your physician.
- Do not share medicines with other children. Consult your pharmacist regarding medication refilling.
- Keep track of all over-the-counter and prescription medications to avoid mixing them.
Q: How long does it take for Perinorm Syrup 30ml to show its effects on the body?
A: It usually takes half to one hour for this medicine to act after administering it. Its effect lasts for a more extended period.
Q: What if my child vomits the dose?
A: If your child vomits the medicine, do not repeat the dose, since some may have been retained in the stomach. Give the next dose in jelly or applesauce to mask the strong taste of the medicine. If the vomiting continues, consult your doctor.
- MedlinePlus. Metoclopramide.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Actavis Metoclopramide 10mg tablets.
- WebMD. Metoclopramide Hcl.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Maxolon Tablets 10mg.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Metoclopramide Hydrocholride 5mg/5ml oral solution.
- Nationwide Children's. Metoclopramide (Reglan).
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.