Penridol 20mg Tablets
Penridol 20 MG Description
Penridol Tablet is a medicine to treat schizophrenia. In addition, it is sometimes used to treat depression and bipolar disorder. It improves a person's capacity to think, feel, and act by altering t
hinking and elevating mood. Consume Penridol Tablets with or without meals, and at the same time every day. Consume it simultaneously every day to boost the immune system and maintain a steady amount of medication. Take Penridol Tablets exactly as your doctor prescribes. Even if you feel much better, don't miss any medications and accomplish the entire course of treatment. Dry mouth, strange voluntary movements, and muscular stiffness are all typical side effects of this medication. In addition, when you first start taking this prescription, your blood pressure might drop when you change positions, then steadily increase if you've been lying down or sitting. If you have renal issues or thyroid, glaucoma, epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, or any heart problems, talk to your health care before consuming it. Also, when you're under the influence of drugs or other coughs, sleep-inducing, or allergy medicine, you must not swallow Penridol Tablet. This medication may cause weight gain, so eat a well-balanced diet, avoid high-calorie snacks, and exercise.
|You Save||₹18.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorder|
|Side effects||Increase in blood prolactin level, constipation, weight gain, dryness in mouth, muscle stiffness, orthostatic hypotension or immediate blood pressure reduction on standing, sleepiness, tremors|
Uses of Penridol 20 MG
- As per CDSCO, Penridol Tablet treats schizophrenia, depression, and bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Penridol 20 MG
- If you have preexisting central nervous system or CNS depression
- If you are in the stage of a coma
- Previous allergy to any components of Penridol Tab
Side effects of Penridol 20 MG
- Abnormality of voluntary movements
- Urinary retention
- Increase in blood prolactin level
- Weight gain
- Dryness in mouth
- Muscle stiffness
Precautions and Warnings of Penridol 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You must note your weight while consuming Penridol Tablet since it might cause weight gain.
- You must carefully take Penridol Tablet if you have low potassium levels in the body. You shall take the tablet once after curing the potassium deficiency.
- You must seek medical assistance when involuntary lip, tongue, and facial movements. In such circumstances, a gradual dose decrease or withdrawal of the Penridol Tablet should be taken.
- You must consume Penridol Tablet with caution if you have liver problems. While taking medicine, it's essential to keep an eye on your liver function tests.
- You should consume Penridol Tablet carefully if you have neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- You must consult your healthcare professional before consuming Penridol Tablet if you possess a seizure disorder. It is due to the increased danger of the patient's condition intensifying. Report any odd symptoms to your doctor as soon as possible....
- You should be cautious if you have a cardiac illness, including extended QT, abnormal heart rhythm, and so on.
Mode of Action of Penridol 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Penridol 20 MG
- Penridol Tablet is mouth-to-mouth, orally disintegrating tablet. Consume it with or without meals, once per day. Consume Penridol Tablet at the same time each day.
- Study the label instructions carefully, or ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist to describe them to you.
- Consume Penridol Tablet as per your healthcare professional's advice. Do not consume less or more of it or finish it more frequently than your specialist has suggested.
- Do not break, smash, or chop the tablets; swallow them whole.
Interactions of Penridol 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- There is an interaction between Penridol Tablet and the following medicines. It might cause muscle stiffness, sleepiness, weight gain, tremors, and urinary retention when interacted with:
- Central nervous system agents, including Levodopa
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Dopamine receptor agonists like Bromocriptine
- Anticonvulsants such as Carbamazepine
Interactions with food items
- There is no interaction between Penridol Tablet and food. However, seek medical advice before consuming the tablets.
Storage and disposal of Penridol 20 MG
Dosage of Penridol 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine