Paraquin Ds Strip Of 6 Tablets
Paraquin Ds 500 MG Description
Paraquin Ds Tablet is an antimalarial medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of malaria. It contains chloroquine as its active ingredient. Paraquin Ds Tablet works by killing the organ
ism that causes malaria. Paraquin Ds Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken after food. Before using the Paraquin Ds Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
Contraindications of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
- If you are allergic to chloroquine or any other ingredients of the Paraquin Ds Tablet.
- If you are taking amiodarone to control irregular heartbeats.
Side effects of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience a sudden drop in blood sugar and unconsciousness, extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness.
- You are experiencing chest pain, irregular heart rhythm, increased heart rate or palpitations.
- You have swelling in the legs, breathlessness, fatigue, bloating or coughing while lying.
- You have liver, kidney and heart disorder & muscle weakness.
- You have developed an allergic reaction after taking the Paraquin Ds Tablet.
- You have a history of an autoimmune disorder of the skin called porphyria.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You experience mental health problems such as depression, hallucinations, thoughts of self-harm or suicide. Immediately contact your doctor.
- If you are supposed to take the Paraquin Ds Tablet for long term treatment, then you should be monitored for heart muscle disorder.
Mode of Action of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
Interactions of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Paraquin Ds Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, other antimalarials, medicines to reduce the acid content in the stomach and anti-infectives.
- Medicine used to reduce stomach acid & to treat diarrhoea like kaolin should be taken with a minimum gap of four hours.
Storage and disposal of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
- Store the Paraquin Ds Tablet below 30°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Paraquin Ds 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How can I avoid getting malaria infection?
- You must wear long-sleeve clothing and long trousers if you are outside after sunset to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- It would be best if you use an insect repellent cream.
- It would be best if you use a mosquito net around the bed while sleeping to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes.
Q: What is the use of the Paraquin Ds Tablet?
Q: Can Paraquin Ds Tablet be used for typhoid?
- Avloclor Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 May 2021]
- Aralen Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 19 May 2021]
- Chloroquine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 19 May 2021]
- Alcohol and malaria [Internet]. ResearchGate. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]