Pantop D Capsule
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantop D capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is a combination of two medicines and has anti-acid reflux actions. It is used for the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to food pipe, causing irritation, heartburn and discomfort. This medicine helps in relieving such symptoms.
Uses of Pantop D Capsule
It is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to Pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Pantop D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantop D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Decreased magnesium in the blood
- Polyps in the stomach
- Irregular menses, breast enlargement, breast swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop D Capsule
Can I take Pantop D capsule during pregnancy?
The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby. Do not use this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Pantop D capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breastmilk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantop D capsule?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, do not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantop D capsule?
There is no interaction reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney or liver failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
Mode of Action of Pantop D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pantop D contains Pantoprazole, which is a proton pump inhibitor. A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells. Thus, blocking acid secretion. Domperidone present in this medicine works by improving the motility or tone of movement of stomach and intestine due to which acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.read less
Directions for Use of Pantop D Capsule
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Pantop D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Anti-HIV medicines such as Atazanavir and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- You should not take this medicine along with Methotrexate (used for the treatment of a certain type of cancers).
- Antibiotics such as Erythromycin and antifungals such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart functions should be used cautiously.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Pantop D Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C away from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantop D Capsule
Overdose of Pantop D may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggressive behaviours, tremors, fits, slurred speech, anxiety, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pantop D capsule safe in pregnancy?
A: There is limited information available about the safety of this medicine in pregnant women. Avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Q: Can Pantop D be taken twice a day?
A: Pantop D should be taken as advised by your doctor. You should not self-medicate with this medicine. Avoid taking any medicine on your own without medical suggestion as the dose and duration of this medicine vary depending on the age, gender, health condition and other physiological functions.
Q: Can I take Pantop D capsule for loose motion?
A: No, you should not take this medicine for loose motion. Pantop D is an anti-acid reflux medicine and has no effect in controlling loose motion.
Last Updated on: 06 Feb 2021 | 12:17 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved