Pantop D Capsule
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantop D capsule is an acidity medicine. It contains a combination of pantoprazole and domperidone. Pantop D capsule is used for the treatment of hearburn, acidity, ulcer, acid reflux etc. Ulcer is a sore present in the lining of stomach or intestine due to excess acid. This excess of acid can also cause acidity, heartburn and backflow of acid (acid reflux). Pantop D capsule works by reducing acid production and preventing the backflow of acid to the food pipe. It is also helpful in nausea, vomiting, fullness and prevents the backflow of undigested food to the food pipe. Pantop D capsule should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Try to take this medicine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before a meal. Before taking this medicine or initiating the treatment let your doctor know about your detailed medical and medication history....
|You Save||₹19.17 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg),Pantoprazole(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, dry mouth, headache, weakness, rash|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Pantop D Capsule
- Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD)
- Stomach and intestinal ulcer
- Acidity and heartburn
- Nausea, vomiting and fullness
- Erosive oesophagitis (EE)
- Regurgitation of stomach contents
Contraindications of Pantop D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantop D Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop D Capsule
Can I take the Pantop D capsule during pregnancy?
The components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby. Do not use this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Pantop D capsule while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into the breastmilk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pantop D capsule?
If you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, do not drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pantop D capsule?
There is no interaction reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney or liver failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
Mode of Action of Pantop D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- This medicine is a combination of two active ingredients Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
- Pantoprazole belongs to the class of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. The lining of the stomach secretes acid by certain processes that involve the intake of ions via a proton pump in the cells. Pantoprazole reduces the intake of the ions in the stomach cells that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach and hence leads to reduced acid production....
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantop D Capsule
It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Pantop D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Pantop D works or Pantop D itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken along. Thus, you should inform your doctor about your complete medication history....
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Anti-HIV medicines such as atazanavir and blood thinners such as warfarin.
- You should not take this medicine along with methotrexate (used for the treatment of a certain type of cancer).
- Antibiotics such as erythromycin and antifungals such as ketoconazole, itraconazole and posaconazole should not be taken along with Pantop D.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart functions should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Pantop D Capsule
- Store this medicine below 25°C away from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantop D Capsule
An overdose of the Pantop D may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggressive behaviours, tremors, fits, slurred speech, anxiety, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is the Pantop D capsule safe in pregnancy?
A: There is limited information available about the safety of this medicine in pregnant women. Avoid taking this medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Q: Can the Pantop D be taken twice a day?
A: Pantop D should be taken as advised by your doctor. You should not self-medicate with this medicine. Avoid taking any medicine on your own without medical suggestion as the dose and duration of this medicine vary depending on the age, gender, health condition and other physiological functions.
Q: Can I take the Pantop D capsule for loose motion?
A: No, you should not take this medicine for loose motion. Pantop D is an anti-acid reflux medicine and has no effect in controlling loose motion.
Q: Can I take Pantop D for constipation?
A: No, Pantop D should not be taken for treating constipation. Pantop D is a medicine used for the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux disease. It does not help relieve constipation.
Q: Can I use Pantop D for eyes?
A: No, Pantop D is a medicine used for the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux disease. It does not have any action for eye-related disorders. You should only take this medicine if it has been prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Pantop D effective for nausea?
A: No, Pantop D does not relieve nausea. Pantop D is a medicine used for the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux disease.
Q: Is Pantop D good for gas?
A: No, Pantop D is an acidity medicine that is not effective for gas. It is used for the treatment of ulcer and acid reflux disease. Gas is a common condition that causes blenching, bloating and distention of your stomach. It is usually caused due to swallowed air or due to the breakdown of certain undigested carbohydrates in the large intestine.
Q: Can we take Pantop D after food?
A: It is recommended to take this medicine before food. A certain component of this medicine may not work the way they should if taken with food.
Q: Can I take Pantop D with anti-hypertensive medicines?
A: Pantop D may interact with certain medicines used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Consult your doctor before taking Pantop D if you are already on medicines to control high blood pressure.
Q: What is Pantop D used for?
A: Pantop D is used for the treatment of acid reflux, also known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: What is the composition of Pantop D?
A: The composition of Pantop D consists of pantoprazole, as its actie component.
Q: Can I take Pantop D daily?
A: Yes, you can take Pantop D daily but for the prescribed duration only. Do not take it endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: Is Pantop D good for gas?
A: Yes, Pantop D neutralizes the acid in the stomach and promotes easy passage of gas to reduce stomach discomfort. However, it is advised to take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor.
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand