Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets contains the active substance Pantoprazole that belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," medications that reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Uses of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from stomach comes up to food pipe and mouth.
- For the treatment of ulcers of stomach and intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
Contraindications of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- You are allergic to Pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are on medicines like mebendazole and albendazole used for worm infections.
- Do not consume this medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
- This medicine is not meant to be used in children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Polyps in stomach
- Bloating and flatulence
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Sleep disorders
- Skin rash, rash with fever, redness or inflamed skin, itchy skin
- Fracture of the hip, wrist or spine
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
A moderate amount of data indicates that the use of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets in pregnant women does not affect the baby; however this medicine is preferred to be avoided during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you should use this medicine only if your doctor considers the benefit for you are more significant than the potential risk to your unborn baby.
Can I take Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may feel dizzy or disturbed vision after taking this medicine. In that case, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Pantoprazole does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach diesease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers)
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE)
Mode of Action of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity.
Directions for Use of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets must be taken as directed by your doctor
- This medicine is taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach
- Do not chew or break the pill, swallow with a whole glass of water
Interactions of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Medicines given in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate
Interactions with food items
- Nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store in cool and Dry place away from sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
There are no known symptoms of overdose. If you have taken too much dose of this medicine, seek medical help or call doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking pantoprazole?
A: Heartburn and chest pain can mimic early symptoms of a heart attack. If you have chest pain that spreads to your jaw, shoulders, arms, back and you feel light-headed and anxious, seek medical help immediately.
Other Variants for
Pantop 40mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved