Pantafol Dsr Capsule
Pantafol Dsr Capsule Description
Pantafol DSR capsule is an antacid and anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. T
is backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Pantafol DSR capsule contains a combination of two medicines - pantoprazole and domperidone. This combination is used in patients in which pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. This medicine should be taken in the dose and duration as directed by the doctor. It should preferably be taken before meals. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Dompwell P Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 57.006% CHEAPER₹ 5.7/Capsule
- Pantosec Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 125.40₹ 87.78₹ 8.78/Capsule
- Panum D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 54.84₹ 46.6123% CHEAPER₹ 4.66/Capsule
- Pentowok Dsr CapsuleBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 137.29₹ 116.70₹ 11.67/Capsule
- P40 Dsr 30/40mg Capsule 10'sBy Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 175.00₹ 148.75₹ 14.88/Capsule
- Protera D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 194.20₹ 165.07₹ 11.0/Capsule
- Pan D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.15₹ 11.28/Capsule
- Pantop Dsr CapsuleBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 119.00₹ 11.9/Capsule
- Pantadom Sr 40mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 99.90₹ 84.91₹ 8.49/Capsule
- Panbase D CapsulesBy Narankaa Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 115.00₹ 97.75₹ 9.78/Capsule
Uses of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
Contraindications of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or other ingredients of Pantafol DSR capsule.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called rilpivirine. If you are not sure what this medicine is, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have or had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you were diagnosed with pituitary gland tumours.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Flatulence (Passing gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
- There is no information available on the effect of Pantafol DSR capsule in pregnant women. Hence, it should be avoided unless it is prescribed by the doctor.
- Components of Pantafol DSR capsule may pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding only if it is necessary....
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, including kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture recently or have brittle or weak bones (osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or any anti-infective medicine.
- You get a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun.
- You are on this medicine for a long time.
- You have existing heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm disorders, and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Mode of Action of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pantafol DSR capsule works by the combined action of its two ingredients - pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole reduces the intake of certain ions in the stomach wall that is necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach. This leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent. It works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
- Pantafol DSR capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Take it preferably in the morning before your first meal.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- Take at the same time every day for optimal results.
- Avoid taking doses more than that recommended.
Interactions of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Pantafol DSR capsule works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like antibiotics, antimalarials, blood thinners, medicines used to treat heart conditions like heart failure, high cholesterol, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
- Store Pantafol DSR capsule in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantafol Dsr Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
Q: Can I give Pantafol DSR capsule to my child?
Q: Pantafol DSR capsule vs Pan 40, how do they differ?
- Pantafol DSR capsule is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines. ...
- Pan 40 contains only Pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). These two differ in their ingredients and the conditions they are used for. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history....