Oxipod 200mg Tablet
Oxipod 200 MG Description
Oxipod Tablet contains Cefpodoxime. It is an antibiotic belonging to the Cephalosporin class of medicine. Oxipod Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat
, lungs, urinary tract, stomach and reproductive tract. Cefpodoxime inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Always complete the course of the treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure. The common side effects of Oxipod Tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you have before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹20.88 (13% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach ache|
Uses of Oxipod 200 MG
Contraindications of Oxipod 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Oxipod Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Oxipod 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Mild diarrhoea
- Skin and vaginal fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Oxipod 200 MG
- There is limited information about the effect of Oxipod Tablet on breastfeeding.
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-Lactam antibacterial agents.
- You have any kidney disorders.
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease.
Mode of Action of Oxipod 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Oxipod 200 MG
Interactions of Oxipod 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine.
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid).
- Medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants).
Storage and disposal of Oxipod 200 MG
Dosage of Oxipod 200 MG
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of Oxipod Tablet.
- Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Oxipod Tablet?
- No, Oxipod Tablet is not to be taken by yourself
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses