Ondem Md 8mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ondem Md 8 MG Description
Ondem-MD 8 Tablet is an antiemetic medicine used to control nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery. It contains Ondansetron as an active ingredient. Ondem-MD 8
works by blocking the action of the natural hormone serotonin, which causes nausea and vomiting.
|You Save||₹18.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting|
|Side effects||Headach, constipation, sensation of warmth, flushing, hiccups|
Check more medicines with composition as Ondansetron(8.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ondem Md 8mg Tablet
- Emeset 8mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.92₹ 75.5826.67% CHEAPER₹ 7.56/Tablet
- Ondem 8mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 104.52₹ 88.8413.87% CHEAPER₹ 8.88/Tablet
Uses of Ondem Md 8 MG
- Ondem-MD 8 Tablet is used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy associated with cancer.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations
Contraindications of Ondem Md 8 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any the other component of this medicine
- You should not take Ondem MD-8 with Apomorphine, the medicine used for the treatment of loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Ondem Md 8 MG
- Sensation of warmth
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ondem Md 8 MG
Can I take Ondem-MD 8 Tablet during pregnancy?
Ondem-MD 8 Tablet must not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy as it can induce the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning tot have a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine. Women of childbearing age are advised to use birth control measures while taking this medicine to avoid pregnancy.
Can I take Ondem-MD 8 Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, it would be best if you do not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ondem-MD 8 Tablet?
Ondem-MD 8 Tablet does not affect your driving ability. In case you experience visual disturbances and drowsiness after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ondem-MD 8 Tablet?
There is limited information on the interaction of Ondem-MD 8 Tablet with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol as it can induce vomiting and nausea. It can also increase the chances of getting side effects like drowsiness and dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Ondansetron.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- If you have severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- If you have any liver-related problems.
- If you have medical conditions such as a salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss.
Mode of Action of Ondem Md 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Ondem-MD 8 Tablet works by blocking the action of the natural hormone serotonin, which is responsible for inducing nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron binds to a receptor known as 5-HT₃, thus inhibits the binding of serotonin to it and prevents vomiting and nausea....
Directions for Use of Ondem Md 8 MG
- Take Ondem-MD 8 Tablet as advised by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this tablet on your own
Interactions of Ondem Md 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking tablet like Amiodarone for treating uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazole...
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Ondem MD 8 tablet along with Apomorphine. Therefore, these medicines should not be used together
- Medicines like Tramadol, used to relieve pain, may not work when taken along with
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state, when taken along with medicines used to treat mental state like Citalopram or Sertraline...
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin may affect the actions of Ondem MD 8 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ondem Md 8 MG
Ondem-MD 8 Tablet should be stored in the original packaging. Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ondem Md 8 MG
The symptoms of overdose are - visual disturbances, constipation, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm. If you think you have taken excess dose of this tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ondem-MD 8 Tablet be taken for motion sickness?
A: No, it should not be used for motion sickness.
Q: Is Ondem-MD 8 Tablet sedative?
A: No, Ondem-MD 8 Tablet is not known to cause any sedative effect.
Q: What is Ondem-MD 8 Tablet used for?
A: Ondem-MD 8 Tablet is used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy and radiotherapy associated with cancer. It helps in preventing post and pre-operation/surgery emesis.
Q: Can I take Ondem-MD 8 Tablet during pregnancy?
A: No, you should not take this medicine during pregnancy, especially in the first three months of pregnancy.
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Ondem-MD 8 Tablet?
A: Inform the doctor regarding your medical & surgical history. Also, inform if you have liver or stomach disease or if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed