Ondem Md 4mg Tab
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Ondem-MD 4 tablet contains Ondansetron, and it belongs to a class of antiemetic medicines used to control nausea and vomiting. Ondem-MD 4 works by blocking the action of the natural hormone serotonin, which causes nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron binds to a receptor known as 5-HT₃, thus inhibits the binding of serotonin to it and prevents vomiting and nausea.
Uses of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
- Ondem-MD 4 tablet is used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy associated with cancer
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations
Contraindications of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any the other component of this medicine
- You should not take Ondem MD-4 with Apomorphine, the medicine used for the treatment of loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
- Sensation of warmth
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
Can I take Ondem-MD 4 Tablet during pregnancy?
Ondem-MD 4 Tablet must not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy as it can induce the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning tot have a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine. Women of childbearing age are advised to use birth control measures while taking this medicine to avoid pregnancy.
Can I take Ondem-MD 4 Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Hence, it would be best if you do not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ondem-MD 4 Tablet?
Ondem-MD 4 Tablet does not affect your driving ability. In case you experience visual disturbances and drowsiness after taking this medicine, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ondem-MD 4 Tablet?
There is limited information on the interaction of Ondem-MD 4 Tablet with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol as it can induce vomiting and nausea. It can also increase the chances of getting side effects like drowsiness and dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as Granisetron or Palonosetron
- If you have severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats
- If you have any liver-related problems
- If you have medical conditions such as salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss
Mode of Action of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Ondem-MD 4 tablet works by blocking the action of the natural hormone serotonin, which is responsible for inducing nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron binds to a receptor known as 5-HT₃, thus inhibits the binding of serotonin to it and prevents vomiting and nausea.
Directions for Use of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
- Take Ondem-MD 4 tablet as advised by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this tablet on your own
Interactions of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking tablet like Amiodarone for treating uneven heartbeats or arrhythmias
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like Doxorubicin, Trastuzumab, antihypertensive medicine such as Atenolol or Timolol, antimalarial medicine such as Halofantrine, antibiotic medicine like Erythromycin and antifungal medicine like Ketoconazoleread less
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take Emeset tablet along with Apomorphine. Therefore, these medicines should not be used together
- Medicines like Tramadol, used to relieve pain, may not work when taken along with Emeset
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state, when taken along with medicines used to treat mental state like Citalopram or Sertralineread less
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin may affect the actions of Emeset
Storage and disposal of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
Ondem-MD 4 tablet should be stored in the original packaging. Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ondem Md 4mg Tab
The symptoms of overdose are - visual disturbances, constipation, low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm. If you think you have taken excess dose of this tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ondem-MD 4 tablet be taken for motion sickness?
A: No, it should not be used for motion sickness.
Q: Is Ondem-MD 4 tablet sedative?
A: No, Ondem-MD 4 tablet is not known to cause any sedative effect.
Q: What is Ondem-MD 4 tablet used for?
A: Ondem-MD 4 tablet is used to manage nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy and radiotherapy associated with cancer. It helps in preventing post and pre-operation/surgery emesis.
Q: Can I take Ondem-MD 4 tablet during pregnancy?
A: No, you should not take this medicine during pregnancy, especially in the first three months of pregnancy.
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Ondem-MD 4 tablet?
A: Inform the doctor regarding your medical & surgical history. Also, inform if you have liver or stomach disease or if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Last Updated on: 30 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved