Ondem Md 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ondem Md 4 MG Description
Ondem-MD 4 tablet is an antiemetic medicine. It is used for the prevention and control of nausea and vomiting. It contains ondansetron as its main component. Nausea and vomiting is not a disease but
is caused due to certain underlying condition or as a side effect of certain medicines. Nausea is a feeling which you feel as if you are growing to throw up the content of your stomach. Vomiting is uncontrolled reflux that makes you expel the contents of your stomach through the mouth. This medicine works by blocking the action of certain natural chemicals which causes nausea and vomiting. Ondem-MD 4 tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹7.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting|
|Side effects||Headache, constipation, sensation of warmth|
Uses of Ondem Md 4 MG
- Ondem-MD 4 tablet is used to prevent and control nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy associated with cancer
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of nausea and vomiting before and after surgeries and operations
Contraindications of Ondem Md 4 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any the other component of Ondem-MD 4 tablet.
- You should not take Ondem MD-4 with Apomorphine, the medicine used for the treatment of loss of muscle control and muscle stiffness in Parkinson's disease
Side effects of Ondem Md 4 MG
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of Ondem Md 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have any liver-related problems
- You are allergic to the active ingredient Ondansetron.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeats.
- You are allergic to similar medicines such as Granisetron or Palonosetron.
- You have severe constipation or have a blockage in your stomach as this medicine can affect the food transit time through the digestive tract.
- You have medical conditions such as a salt imbalance in your blood, dehydration or you are experiencing fluid loss.
Directions for Use of Ondem Md 4 MG
- Take Ondem-MD 4 tablet as advised by your doctor
- Do not stop taking this tablet on your own
Storage and disposal of Ondem Md 4 MG
Quick Tips of Ondem Md 4 MG
- Ondem-MD 4 tablet is used to treat nausea and vomiting. It is prescribed to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting.Ondem-MD 4 tablets should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor, in the doses and for the duration prescribed....
- Inform the doctor about your complete medical history, including all medications you are presently taking, before using Ondem-MD 4.
- Try to consume little, healthful snacks throughout the day rather than large, filling meals. Drink water often to help prevent dehydration.
- Tell your doctor if you are dehydrated, have a salt imbalance in your blood or are losing fluids.
Dosage of Ondem Md 4 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Ondem Md 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Ondem Md 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Ondem-MD 4 tablet works or this tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken along. Hence, it is important to inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking before you take the Ondem tablet. ...
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related conditions, high blood pressure medicines, anti-infectives, medicines used for psychiatric illness and medicines used for epilepsy.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ondem-MD 4 tablets be taken for motion sickness?
Q: Is Ondem-MD 4 tablet a sedative?
Q: Can Ondem be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Is Ondem-MD 4 tablet effective for gas and acidity?
Q: What is Ondem-MD 4 tablet used for?
Q: Can I take Ondem-MD 4 tablet during pregnancy?
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Ondem-MD 4 tablet?
Q: Can Ondem 4 mg tablet cause constipation?
Q: Does Ondem cause sleepiness?
Q: Can alcohol be consumed along with Ondem 4mg tablet?
Q: Can we take Ondem with water?
Q: Is Ondem a steroid?
Q: Is Ondem mouth dissolving?
Q: How many times can you take the Ondem MD?
Q: What is the composition of Ondem MD?
Q: Can children take Ondem md 4?
Q: Is Ondem md safe for lactating mothers?
Q: How soon does Ondem md start work?
Q: Can I take Ondem md and clonazepam md together?
Q: Is vomikind md 4 a substitute for ondem md?
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- Ondansetron 4 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]
- Brainard A, Gresham C. Prevention and Treatment of Motion Sickness [Internet]. Aafp.org. 2021 [cited 18 November 2021]