Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olymprix M 500 mg tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Teneligliptin and Metformin. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet and exercise alone are not effective. Avoid using this medicine if you are allergic to it or are a type 1 diabetes patient. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Do not miss any dose or consume it more than that prescribed. Before starting Olymprix M 500 mg tablet, inform the doctor about your medical history & all the medicines you take.
Uses of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Olymprix M 500 mg tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Teneligliptin or Metformin or any of the ingredient of Olymprix M 500 mg tablet
- If you have type 1 diabetes
- If you are in a state of diabetic coma due to a sudden rise or drop in blood sugar level
- If you have a severe infection
- If you have undergone surgery or stress
Side effects of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, gas
- Loss of appetite
- Sore throat
- Low blood sugar level
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Olymprix M 500 mg tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Olymprix M 500 mg tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Olymprix M 500 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to breastfeed during the treatment with Olymprix M 500 mg tablet as it can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olymprix M 500 mg tablet?
After taking Olymprix M 500 mg tablet, there are chances your blood sugar can fall. You may experience faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So in this case, you should take extra care when driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy while driving, in case you start experiencing any of these, immediately have it.
Can I consume alcohol with Olymprix M 500 mg tablet?
Alcohol lowers the blood sugar which can be dangerous, hence you should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Olymprix M 500 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or heart problem like irregular heartbeat, heart failure.
- You have an irregular diet, habit of excessive alcohol intake, intense muscular movement.
- You ever had any surgery on your stomach.
- You are using insulin secretagogue like sulfonylurea because it can cause a drop in blood sugar level.
Mode of Action of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Olymprix M 500 mg tablet works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver, and facilitating the entry of sugar into the cells.
Directions for Use of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Olymprix M 500 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- This medicine should be used with cautious along with medicine that enhance your blood sugar lowering effect like Isocarboxazid, Phenelzine, Propranolol and medicines that reduce your blood sugar lowering effect like steroids, etc.read less
- Medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (NSAID's) like ibuprofen and celecoxib should be used with caution.
- Medicines like verapamil (used to treat blood pressure and other heart problems), rifampicin (antibiotic), Olaparib (used in cancer treatment) when used concomitantly may reduce the effects of this medicine.read less
- Medicines used to treat inflammation associated with asthma and arthritis (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone should be cautiously used along with this medicine.
- Medicines like cimetidine, dolutegravir, ranolazine, may change the amount of metformin in your blood when taken concomitantly.
- Simultaneous use along with medicines used to treat high blood pressure like enalapril, captopril, candesartan, losartan may increase the risk of lactic acidosis (symptoms stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhoea).read less
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with food, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Storage and disposal of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Olymprix M 500 mg tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Olymprix M 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- In the case of overdose, lactic acidosis may occur (symptoms include stomach discomfort, decreased appetite, diarrhoea, fast or shallow breathing, muscle pain or cramps, sleepiness, tiredness, weakness).read less
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose with Olymprix M 500 mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Olymprix M 500 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What food items should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Carry fruit or low-calorie high fibre biscuits while travelling.
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Stop having daals with ghee, deep-fried pulses.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep-fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil.
Last Updated on: 23 Dec 2020 | 11:08 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved