Olsar 20mg 15'S Strip Of 15 Tablets
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olsar 20 MG Description
Olsar 20 tablet contains olmesartan, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as prescribed. It m
ay be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking Olsar 20 tablet if you are allergic to it, are over 3 months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and the medicines that you take.
|You Save||₹33.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)
26 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Olsar 20mg 15'S Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Olmixtro 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.00₹ 56.2855.1% CHEAPER₹ 5.63/Tablet
- Olmesmart 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 123.00₹ 79.9536.28% CHEAPER₹ 7.99/Tablet
- Olstan 20mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.25₹ 91.8126.79% CHEAPER₹ 9.18/Tablet
- Olmo 20mg TabletBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.50₹ 70.3543.94% CHEAPER₹ 7.03/Tablet
- Olzox 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lloyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.80₹ 139.2326% CHEAPER₹ 9.28/Tablet
- Olsertain 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.50₹ 91.3751.44% CHEAPER₹ 6.09/Tablet
- Olmin 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.17₹ 99.5920.57% CHEAPER₹ 9.96/Tablet
- Olkem 20mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 201.00₹ 170.859.17% CHEAPER₹ 11.39/Tablet
- Olmax 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Glenmark Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 210.00₹ 178.505.1% CHEAPER₹ 11.9/Tablet
- Olmesar 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 189.00₹ 160.6514.59% CHEAPER₹ 10.71/Tablet
Uses of Olsar 20 MG
Olsar 20 tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Olsar 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan or any other ingredients of Olsar 20 tablet
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Olsar 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Olsar 20 MG
Can I take Olsar 20 tablet during pregnancy?
Olsar 20 tablet may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby and it should be avoided. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Olsar 20 tablet while breastfeeding?
Olsar 20 tablet is not recommended during breastfeeding, as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olsar 20 tablet?
Olsar 20 tablet may make you dizzy. You need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Olsar 20 tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Olsar 20 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Olsar 20 tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Olsar 20 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Directions for Use of Olsar 20 MG
Take this tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Olsar 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Olsar 20 tablet, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Olsar 20 tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Olsar 20 tablet can be taken either before or after your meals.
Storage and disposal of Olsar 20 MG
Olsar 20 tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Olsar 20 MG
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Olsar 20 tablet....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olsar 20 tablet used for?
A: Olsar 20 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Olsar 20 tablet contain?
A: Olsar 20 tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Olmesartan as its active ingredient.
Q: Should Olsar 20 tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Olsar 20 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: How does Olsar 20 tablet work?
A: Olsar 20 tablet works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Q: Is Olsar 20 tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, it is not a blood thinner. Olsar 20 tablet works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Q: What are the side effects of Olsar 20 tablet?
A: Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhoea are a few side effects of Olsar 20 tablet. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own.
- Olmesartan Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed