Olox Oz Tablet
Olox Oz Tablet Description
Olox Oz Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic to th
is medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|You Save||₹49.28 (35% on MRP)|
|Contains||Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg) + Ornidazole(500.0 Mg)|
Uses of Olox Oz Tablet
Contraindications of Olox Oz Tablet
Side effects of Olox Oz Tablet
- Urge to scratch
- Urge to scratch in the genital part of women
- Inflammation in the vagina (discharge, itching, pain)
- Bad taste
- Blood disorders
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Abnormal urine reports (like excess of glucose, protein, alkaline urine, blood in urine, presence of white blood cells, etc)
Precautions and Warnings of Olox Oz Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerve, to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Olox Oz Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olox Oz Tablet works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Olox Oz Tablet
Interactions of Olox Oz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, cimetidine, multivitamins with zinc.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) like ibugesic, aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat gout like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or COPD like theophylline.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Insulin, Glyburide, Glibenclamide.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy like phenytoin, phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxant) like vecuronium bromide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like lithium.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.