Olox Oz Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olox OZ Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of two medicines - Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. It is used to treat diarrhoea caused due to mixed infections in adults. If you are allergic to thi
s medicine, then avoid taking it. This medicine should be used as prescribed, and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it midway on your own without the knowledge of your doctor....
Uses of Olox Oz Tablet
Olox OZ Tablet is used in adult patients to treat diarrhoea due to mixed infection.
Contraindications of Olox Oz Tablet
If you have an allergy to Ofloxacin, Ornidazole or any of the ingredients of Olox OZ tablet.
Side effects of Olox Oz Tablet
- Urge to scratch
- Urge to scratch in the genital part of women
- Inflammation in the vagina (discharge, itching, pain)
- Bad taste
- Blood disorders
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Abnormal urine reports (like excess of glucose, protein, alkaline urine, blood in urine, presence of white blood cells, etc)
Precautions and Warnings of Olox Oz Tablet
Can I take the Olox OZ Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using the Olox OZ tablet, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take the Olox OZ Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as no information is available on the use of Olox OZ tablet if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you whether to use this medicine or not after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Olox OZ Tablet?
You may feel sleepy, dizziness, visual disturbance, fits, body stiffness, loss of consciousness while taking the Olox OZ tablet. Hence, avoid driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Olox OZ Tablet?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol during the treatment with the Olox OZ tablet, it can impair your driving ability.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any kind of liver problem.
- You experience diarrhoea.
- You experience joint pain or muscle pain.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You are suffering from any heart condition, like Torsades de pointes.
- You experience clostridium difficile associated diarrhoea (CDAD).
- You experience sensitivity to light on exposure to natural or artificial sunlight.
- You experience adverse reactions like inflammation of tendon or tendon Rupture (a tendon separates in whole or in part from tissue to which it is attached).
- You are suffering from Peripheral neuropathy (when the message-carrying capacity of nerve, to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged) like burning, tingling, numbness, pain, etc....Read more
- You experience some effects on the central nervous system (CNS) like nervousness, aggression, lack of sleep, anxiety, hallucinations, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
- You may feel adverse reactions like fever, rashes, jaundice, allergic pneumonitis, difficulty in swallowing, swelling on face, lips, tongue, throat, fast heartbeat or any other allergic reactions.
Mode of Action of Olox Oz Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olox OZ Tablet works by the combined action of Ofloxacin & Ornidazole.
- Ofloxacin inhibits the enzyme synthesis responsible for bacterial DNA replication. Hence, it shows the bactericidal effect.
- Ornidazole destructs the DNA helical structure, which interrupts the protein synthesis and ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Olox Oz Tablet
Olox OZ tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. Take it at a fixed tim
e for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Olox Oz Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like sucralfate, cimetidine, multivitamins with zinc.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAIDs) like ibugesic, aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat gout like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat asthma or COPD like theophylline.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Insulin, Glyburide, Glibenclamide.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy like phenytoin, phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to relax the muscles (muscle relaxant) like vecuronium bromide.
- Medicines used to treat depression like lithium.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Olox Oz Tablet
Store Olox OZ tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medic
ine properly, do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Olox Oz Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, hot and cold flushes. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Olox OZ tablets, then contact your docto
r immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Olox OZ tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not
take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Olox OZ tablet?
A: You are supposed to take the Olox OZ tablet as per the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you stop taking this early, then you may develop resistance. Also, there are many chances of reoccurrence of the infection.
Q: Is the Olox OZ tablet habit-forming?
A: No, the Olox OZ tablet is not habit-forming.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved