Olmy 20mg Tablet
Olmy 20 MG Description
Olmy 20 tablet contains olmesartan, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as prescribed. It ma
y be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking Olmy 20 tablet if you are allergic to it, are over 3 months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and the medicines that you take.
- Olmixtro 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.00₹ 56.2857% CHEAPER₹ 5.63/Tablet
- Olmo 20mg TabletBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.50₹ 70.3546% CHEAPER₹ 7.03/Tablet
- Olstan 20mg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.45₹ 83.4936% CHEAPER₹ 8.35/Tablet
- Omnipres 20mg TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 59.5054% CHEAPER₹ 5.95/Tablet
- Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 195.30₹ 166.0016% CHEAPER₹ 11.07/Tablet
- Olmesar 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 189.00₹ 160.6518% CHEAPER₹ 10.71/Tablet
- Olmetime 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.29₹ 54.6558% CHEAPER₹ 5.47/Tablet
- Olsertain 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 107.50₹ 91.3753% CHEAPER₹ 6.09/Tablet
- Olmin 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.52₹ 90.5431% CHEAPER₹ 9.05/Tablet
- Olmighty 20mg TabletBy Merck Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.01₹ 50.1661% CHEAPER₹ 5.02/Tablet
Uses of Olmy 20 MG
Contraindications of Olmy 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan or any other ingredients of Olmy 20 tablet
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Olmy 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Olmy 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Olmy 20 tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Olmy 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Olmy 20 MG
Interactions of Olmy 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Olmy 20 tablet, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Olmy 20 tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olmy 20 MG
Dosage of Olmy 20 MG
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Olmy 20 tablet....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olmy 20 tablet used for?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Olmy 20 tablet contain?
Q: Should Olmy 20 tablet be taken with or without food?
Q: How does Olmy 20 tablet work?
Q: Is Olmy 20 tablet a blood thinner?
Q: What are the side effects of Olmy 20 tablet?
- Olmesartan Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]