Olgaba M Tablet
By OLCARE LABORATORIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olgaba M Tablet Description
Olgaba M Tablet is a combination of Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin.
|Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg) + Gabapentin(100.0 Mg)
|DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
Check more medicines with composition as Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(500.0 Mcg) + Gabapentin(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Olgaba M Tablet
Treatment of neuropathic pain, a condition of abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli.
Contraindications of Olgaba M Tablet
- If you are allergic to gabapentin, methylcobalamin, this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have an eye disorder, due to excess consumption of tobacco especially cigar and pipe
- This medicine is not meant to treat anaemia, especially in pregnant women
Side effects of Olgaba M Tablet
- Confusion, depression, headache, dizziness and difficulty in movement
- Chest pain, feeling sick, tiredness, muscle and joint pain and fatigue
- Swelling of face and body parts, weight variations, rashes and itching
- Diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, vomiting, dry mouth and sore throat
- Infection of eyes, lungs, throat, airways and urinary tract
- Blurred vision, high blood pressure, spinning of head and low blood sugar
Precautions and Warnings of Olgaba M Tablet
Can I take Olgaba M Tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy as it can interfere with the growth, development of the brain and other body parts of the fetus. Your doctor may give you this medicine only if the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Can I take Olgaba M Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
- Your doctor will decide whether to discontinue breastfeeding or this medicine after accessing the benefits over risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olgaba M Tablet?
After taking this medicine, you may experience dizziness, drowsiness or sometimes depression. Avoid driving or operating machinery, especially during initial days of treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Olgaba M Tablet?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during treatment with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you experience behavioral change and have suicidal thoughts after taking this medicine
- If you have a heart, kidney, liver, brain or breathing disorder
- If you develop stomach pain and discomfort after taking this medicine
- If you are an older adult, the risk of getting side effects are more
- If you experience severe allergic reactions like breathing difficulties, swelling and low blood pressure, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine should not be stopped as it may lead to side effects like fits and other mental disturbances
Mode of Action of Olgaba M Tablet
How Does It Work?
Methylcobalamine is a form of vitamin B12 which helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves in the brain. The exact mechanism of how gabapentin works is not known. However, it is known to act on specific receptors in the brain and reduce the release of chemicals in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain....
Directions for Use of Olgaba M Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient amount of water
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals
Interactions of Olgaba M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You may experience drowsiness if you are taking medicines like Morphine, you may require a lower dose of this medicine, talk to your doctor
- You may experience mood swings, anxiety and irritability if you are taking medicines to treat fits like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin and Ethyl phenacemide
- Antacids should be taken with a gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine
- This medicine should not be taken at the same time with antibiotics especially tetracycline as it can reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics
- Cough medicine like Hydrocodone, cancer medicines especially Methotrexate can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine
- Other medicines like Cholestyramine, Neomycin, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Metformin and Nitrous oxide can interact with the action of this medicine
Storage and disposal of Olgaba M Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C and protect it from light
Dosage of Olgaba M Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, laziness or sometimes diarrhoea. Consult your doctor if you experience any such symptoms or reach out to your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is neuropathic pain? How can I differentiate it from muscle pain?
A: Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. It is spontaneous in origin and occurs in the absence of any injury or trauma. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Olgaba M Tablet?
- When you are taking this medicine, it is advised to use contraception to avoid pregnancy
- Components of this medicine can cause dependence and you are advised to be cautious if you are taking this medicine for a long period.
- This medicine should not be stopped suddenly and a gradual reduction of the dose is advisable to avoid side effects like fits and other mental problems.
- CDSCO. Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- NIH. Vitamin B12. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- Biocon. Methylcobalamin and Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- USFDA. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
- Ema SmPC. Gabapentin. [Accessed on 5.May.2020] (online)
Expires on or After
Yoga Asanas for Hair Growth: A Comprehensive Research-Based Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction The world is now acknowledging the importance of hair health, and people are actively seeking ways to ensure that they have strong and shiny locks. Yoga, an ancient discipline with numerous potential physical and mental health benefits, has lately gained popularity as a means to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.
Yoga for Constipation: Effective Poses for Digestive Relief
Key Highlights: Introduction Good digestive health is key to a happy life. Constipation, a very common gut problem, can be a pain and mess with your daily tasks. Among many approaches to relieve, yoga is a natural way that may ease constipation. In this article, we will look into how yoga may help with your
Low Platelet Count: Understanding Causes and Tips for Improving Platelet Levels
Key Highlights: Introduction Platelets play a crucial role in blood clotting, and having inadequate platelet counts can affect our well-being. Their number can decrease due to many factors. This situation is medically known as thrombocytopenia, that is, low platelet count. In this article, we delve into the production, functions, and health issues associated with platelets.
Low RBC Count: A Comprehensive Guide to Causes and Remedies
Key Highlights: Introduction Every part of our body needs red blood cells (RBCs). As they bring oxygen from the lungs to all cells, they make sure we work well and feel good. Anaemia or low RBC count occurs when our body doesn’t make enough RBCs, or it gets rid of them too quickly. In this
High MCH: Understanding Its Implications and Causes Based on Research
Key Highlights: Introduction Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin (MCH) plays a vital role in determining the overall health of your body. A high MCH level can indicate various medical conditions that demand prompt attention. It’s crucial to understand the implications and causes of high MCH based on research to ensure proper diagnosis and management. In this article,
Can CBC Test Detect Cancer? Unveiling the Potential of Blood Tests
Key Highlights: Introduction Cancer comes in all shapes and sizes. It includes various types, stages, and origins. Detecting cancer early and finding out what type of cancer it is key for good management plan with a good outcome. A Complete Blood Count (CBC) test is often done by doctors to check up on their patients’
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.