Okacet 10mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Okacet Tablet contains Cetirizine Hydrochloride, which is an anti-allergic medication.
Uses of Okacet 10mg Tablet
Okacet is used to treat symptoms of allergy like sneezing, stuffed and runny nose, symptoms of skin allergies like itching, redness and swelling. It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust, pet allergies, insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Okacet 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any Piperazine derivatives
- If you have severe kidney disease
Side effects of Okacet 10mg Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Okacet 10mg Tablet
Can I take Okacet Tablet during pregnancy?
Cetirizine should be avoided by pregnant women as there is limited information available on the safety of this medicine in pregnant women. Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless considered prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Okacet Tablet while breastfeeding?
Okacet Tablet passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding unless your doctor has this prescribed
Can I drive if I have consumed Okacet Tablet?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Okacet Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problem or urinary retention problem as you may need a lower dose of this medicine, consult your doctor
- You are giving this to your children as they may require a small dose of this medicine
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy)
- You are going to take for any allergic skin test as it may interfare with the diagnosis
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Okacet 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Okacet Tablet works by blocking this Histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Okacet 10mg Tablet
Take it as a whole with sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Okacet 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety
- Medicines used to induce sleep
- Medicines used to treat depression
- Medicines used to relax muscles (muscle relaxants)
- Medicines used to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers)
Interactions with food items
The administration of this medicine with food does not affect the way this medicine works. Cetirizine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Okacet 10mg Tablet
- Store in cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Okacet 10mg Tablet
Overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention. If you experience any of the side effects, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while I am taking Okacet?
- Yes, this medicine is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Can I take Okacet in Pregnancy?
A: Okacet should be avoided in pregnancy. Take it only if prescribed by your doctor in pregnancy.
Q: Can we take Okacet for allergy?
A: Yes, Okacet is used in allergic conditions. However, it is not to be self-medicated, only if prescribed by your doctor you may take it.
Q: Can I take Okacet for cough and Cold?
A: No, do not take it for cough or cold on your own. Cough or cold could be due to various reasons like allergy, infections etc. Okacet can help in cough or cold if it is allergic in origin.
Q: Does Okacet makes us drowsy?
A: Yes, Okacet can make you drowsy, sleepy and dizzy. It is advised not to drive or operate machinery after taking Okacet.
Q: Is it safe to use Okacet while I am breastfeeding?
A: This medicine passes into breast milk and can cause drowsiness in your breastfed baby. Hence it is advisable not to take this if you are breast feeding.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 06:41 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved