Cetcip 10mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetcip tablet is an anti-allergic medicine used to provide relief from various allergic conditions characterised by a runny or blocked nose, watery eyes, fever, rash, sinus and the common cold. It con
tains cetirizine as its active ingredient. This medicine reduces allergic symptoms by blocking the action of histamine, a natural chemical substance that is known to cause the allergic condition....
Uses of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
Cetcip tablet is used to treat allergic conditions such as dust or pet allergies characterised by sneezing, itchy, a runny or blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the
skin, insect bite and hives....
Contraindications of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any other component of Cetcip tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
Can I take the Cetcip tablet during pregnancy?
It is recommended not to take the Cetcip tablet unless it is advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take the Cetcip tablet while breastfeeding?
Cetcip tablet passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Cetcip tablet?
Cetcip tablet is known to cause sleepiness, dizziness. If you experience these symptoms you should avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetcip tablet?
You should avoid alcohol consumption along with Cetcip tablet as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem.
- You have bladder problems, this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy).
- Cetcip tablet should not be used in children below 6 years of age.
Mode of Action of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cetcip tablet works by blocking the release of histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
- Cetcip tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way cetcip 10mg tablet works and cetcip 10mg tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders such as diazepam, clonazepam and this medicine may aggravate the side effects such as drowsiness and headache and influence the alertness of an individual....Read more
- It is important to inform the doctor regarding all the medications and herbal supplements used before taking this medicine. It is also important to discuss any specific allergies or underlying conditions experienced before using this medicine....Read more
Storage and disposal of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetcip 10mg Tablet
An overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeats, tremors and urinary retention. If you think you have taken too
much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a
double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while on medication of the Cetcip tablet?
A: Yes, Cetcip tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine. If you develop any rash, difficulty in breathing or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: When and how to take the Cetcip tablet?
A: Take Cetcip as directed by your doctor for the exact prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without meals. Consuming more than the prescribed amount might result in increased side effects while consuming less than the prescribed amount results in treatment failure.
Q: Are Cetcip and Okacet the same?
A: Yes, both medicines are the same. Cetcip tablet and Okacet Tablet, both contain Cetirizine as their active ingredient. They differ from each other only by their brand name.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 30 April 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved