Oflomac 100mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflomac 100 MG Description
Oflomac Tablet is an antibiotic used in certain bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin as its active ingredient.
It is not to be used in viral infections like flu,cold etc. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can result in failure of therapy. You should also tell your doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you are suffering from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹7.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sleeping disorder, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Oflomac 100 MG
Oflomac Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Oflomac 100 MG
If you are allergic to ofloxacin or any medicines from fluoroquinolone class of medicines and any other ingredients of Oflomac Tablet.
Side effects of Oflomac 100 MG
- Stomach pain
- Sleeping disorder
- Itchy skin
Precautions and Warnings of Oflomac 100 MG
Can I take Oflomac Tablet during pregnancy?
Due to limited information available on its safety, it is not recommended in pregnancy.
Can I take Oflomac Tablet while breastfeeding?
Oflomac Tablet can pass into human breast milk and can harm baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oflomac Tablet?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine. You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Oflomac Tablet?
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, tendons, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety etc. during the treatment.
- You experience any allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, any other infection after taking Oflomac Tablet.
- Your age is more than 60 years, then the chances of tendon disorders are high.
- You experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver related problems, diabetes, or any kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Oflomac 100 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oflomac 100 MG
- Take this medicine as per the directions of the doctor.
- Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water.
Interactions of Oflomac 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Oflomac Tablet, if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antacids, painkillers, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine etc.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate used to reduce stomach acid should be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Oflomac 100 MG
- Store Oflomac Tablet at room temperature.
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it away from pets and children.
Dosage of Oflomac 100 MG
If you have taken too much of this medicine than prescribed, then it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, hot and cold flushes etc. Contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest hospital in case of overdose and you experience any of such symptoms....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Oflomac Tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Oflomac Tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Oflomac Tablet?
A: When on treatment with Oflomac Tablet, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: What is the dosage of Oflomac Tablet?
A: Oflomac Tablet should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take this medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
Q: Is Oflomac Tablet habit forming?
A: No, habit-forming tendencies have not been reported with Oflomac Tablet.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed