Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment Description
Ocupol Dx Eye ointment is used to treat eye infections mainly caused by bacterial organisms. Ocupol Dx Eye ointment contains a combination of three medicines, polymyxin B, chloramphenicol and dexamet
hasone as the active ingredient. Polymyxin B and chloramphenicol are antibiotic medicines, while dexamethasone is a steroid medicine that reduces redness, pain and swelling of the eyes. Ocupol Dx Eye ointment should be used in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Complete the course given by your doctor. If you find any discomfort after using this medicine or there is no improvement in your condition after using this medicine, then immediately inform your doctor. Ocupol Dx Eye ointment is meant for external use, and it should be used on the eyes and the area near the eye.
|Contains||Chloramphenicol(10.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(10000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Bacterial eye infection|
|Side effects||Burning, itching and dryness of eye|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
Contraindications of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
- If you are allergic to polymyxin B, chloramphenicol, dexamethasone or any component of this ointment.
- If you have varicella, herpes, HIV, tuberculosis or any other viral or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
- Burning sensation
- Loss of skin pigmentation
- Allergic rashes, swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
Other General Warnings
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after using this ointment for 3-4 days.
- You have a disorder of liver or kidney.
- You notice any new infections or worsening of your problem.
- You notice any fungal infection.
- You should consult your doctor and take oral antibiotics if needed for severe infections.
Mode of Action of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
- Use Ocupol Dx Eye ointment as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Wipe any excess medicine from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact amount of ointment as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
Interactions with other medicines
- Since this ointment is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. ...
- Concomitant use of this medicine with atropine or phosphate-containing eye medicines should be done with caution.
- Medicines such as Phenytoin, Phenobarbitone, Ephedrine and Rifampicin may reduce the effect of this ointment
- Ocupol Dx Eye ointment can reduce the action of salicylate medicines.
- You should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine safely.
Dosage of Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye Ointment
- As Ocupol Dx Eye ointment is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wash/wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.