O Set 8mg Inj 4ml
By UNITED BIOTECH (P) LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
O Set Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy and radiation therapy. It contains ondansetron as an active ingredient. O Set works by blocking the action of a natural chemical called serotonin which may cause nausea or vomiting. Before taking this O Set Injection you should inform your doctor about any known allergy to similar medicines....
|You Save||₹7.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Nausea and vomiting|
|Side effects||Headache, constipation, sensation of warmth, flusing, redness|
Check more medicines with composition as Ondansetron(8.0 Mg)
Uses of O Set 8 MG
O Set Injection is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Contraindications of O Set 8 MG
- If you are allergic to ondansetron or any of the other ingredients of O Set Injection.
- If you are taking apomorphine used in people with advanced Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of O Set 8 MG
- Sensation of warmth
Precautions and Warnings of O Set 8 MG
Can I take O Set Injection during pregnancy?
O Set Injection must not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy as it may slightly increase the risk of a baby being born with cleft lip and/or cleft palate (splits in the upper lip). Women of childbearing age may be advised to use birth control measures
Can I take O Set Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of O Set Injection passes into human milk and could harm the breastfed baby. Thus, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken O Set Injection?
It is not expected that O Set Injection will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, you should avoid driving
Can I consume alcohol with O Set Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of O Set on alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have stomach problems like blockage in your stomach.
- You had or have heart problems like heart failure, irregular heartbeats or abnormal heart rhythm.
- You have any liver problems.
- You have a condition of salt imbalance in your blood.
- Children that receive Ondansetron with medicines that are harmful to liver should regularly go for check-up for liver problems.
Mode of Action of O Set 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Ondansetron present in O Set Injection works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting....
Directions for Use of O Set 8 MG
- O Set Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection. Do not self-inject.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of O Set 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- O Set Injection may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Be cautious if you are taking medications like amiodarone for uneven heartbeats or diseases.
- You may experience irregular heart rhythm if you take medicines like doxorubicin, trastuzumab, atenolol or timolol & halofantrine, antibiotic like erythromycin, antifungal like ketoconazole.
- You may experience low blood pressure and unconsciousness if you take this medicine along with Apomorphine, hence both these medicines should not be used together.
- Medicines used to relieve pain like Tramadol may not work properly when taken together with O Set Injection.
- You may experience serotonin syndrome (symptoms like high body temperature, irritation, shakiness, sweating, widened pupils and diarrhoea) including abnormal mental state with medicines used to treat the mental state like citalopram, sertraline....
- Other medicines like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine & Rifampicin should be used cautiously with O Set Injection.
Storage and disposal of O Set 8 MG
- Store O Set Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of O Set 8 MG
O Set Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in hospital. Thus, chances of overdose are unlikely. If you experience any symptoms immediately after taking this Injection you should inform your doctor or nurse....
Missed a Dose
Your doctor or nurse will monitor you as to when O Set Injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. In case your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is O Set good for motion sickness?
A: No, O Set Injection is not useful in controlling motion sickness.
Q: What is the use of O Set Injection?
A: O Set Injection is useful in preventing nausea and vomiting that is caused due to chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Q: How does O Set work?
A: Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. O Set works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ondansetron 2 mg/ml Solution for Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Ondansetron [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand