Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10g Gel in Tube
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm is a topical emulgel containing Etoricoxib, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) agent widely used as a pain reliever in the treatment of gout and different types of arthritis.
Uses of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
- Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm uses are in
- Osteoarthritis (disease of bones and joints)
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Gout pain (Pain and swelling of the joints caused by uric acid crystal deposits in the joint).
- Chronic and acute musculoskeletal pain.
- Ankylosing spondylitis (pain and swelling in the spine)
Contraindications of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
The gel is contraindicated in patients with the following conditions: Patients allergic to components of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm or NSAIDs like aspirin. Patients undergoing a major surgery or an operation Patients with a history of heart attack or stroke. Patients with stomach ulcers or bleeding in the intestines. Patients with severe kidney or liver disorders. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
- Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm side effects are as mentioned below:
- Swelling of ankle or feet.
- Drowsiness or headache.
- Allergic reaction - Rash, severe irritation at application site, swelling of face, burning.
Precautions and Warnings of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
Can I apply Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm during pregnancy?
It is not advised to use Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm during pregnancy.
Can I apply Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm while breastfeeding?
Physician should be consulted prior to using Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm?
In case any side effects like dizziness or headache are experienced, driving should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol while using Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm?
Alcohol should not be consumed while using Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm. Physician should be informed in case of consumption of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- In the following conditions the physician should be informed prior to the use of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm:
- Women planning for pregnancy or lactating women.
- Patients with high blood pressure
- Asthma patients.
- Patients with serious kidney or liver disorders
- History of ulcers
- Smoking or alcohol consumption.
- Diabetes or history of any heart disease.
Mode of Action of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
How Does It Work?
Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm contains Etoricoxib, which acts by blocking the enzyme that causes the pain and swelling of the joints in the body.
Directions for Use of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
- Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm has to be applied to the affected area as directed by the physician.
Interactions of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Possible drug-drug interactions of etoricoxib are as below:
- Interaction with Diuretics
- Interaction with Warfarin
- Interaction with Antibiotics like rifampicin
- Interaction with Birth control pills (the combination may increase the risk of side effects)
- Interaction with Lithium- a drug used to treat mania
- Interaction with methotrexate, ciclosporin, tacrolimus
- Interaction with aspirin (a combination of etoricoxib and aspirin increases the risk of stomach ulcers)
Interactions with food items
Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm interactions with food are not known.
Other general Interactions
Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm interactions with other disease conditions are not known.
Storage and disposal of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm has to be stored in a cool and dry place away from excessive heat and sunlight.
Dosage of Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm
Immediate medical attention is advised in case overdose is suspected, which is rare.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, the gel should be applied as soon as the missed dose is remembered. Compensation for the missed dose is not required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the ideal storage conditions for Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm?
A: Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm should be stored in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and excessive heat. Keep away from pets and out of reach of children.
Q: What should I keep in mind before applying Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm?
A: The physician should be informed about the current disease conditions if any to avoid any possible interactions or severe side effects.
Q: What are the general precautions to be taken while using Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm?
A: Adequate exercise and weight control can help in building the muscle strength and reducing the joint load. Hot and cold fomentation can also be used during pain to assist in the treatment.
Q: Can we use support devices?
A: Yes they can be used.
Q: When and how should we use Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm?
A: Nucoxia Emulgel Gel 10 Gm should be applied at any time as directed by the physician or as mentioned in the prescription leaflet.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved