Nrt 4 Mint Flav Pastilles
By ELDER PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Pastille(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nrt Pastille contains Nicotine as the active ingredient. It is used as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). Nrt is used in the treatment of smoking cessation. It helps to get rid of withdrawal symptoms, which develop when you stop smoking or reduce the number of cigarette smoking. Do not use it if your age is below 12 years. Take Nrt Pastille as advised by your doctor. Use the number of Pastilles according to the cigarette you smoke. If you get any abnormal symptoms during the use of this Pastille, stop using it, do not smoke and consult your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹15.30 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)|
|Side effects||Headache, soreness of the mouth, throat irritation, taste disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Nicotine(4.0 Mg)
Uses of Nrt 4 MG
Nrt Pastille is used to relieve the symptoms related to nicotine withdrawal and to decrease the cravings for nicotine.
Contraindications of Nrt 4 MG
- If you are allergic to nicotine or any of the content of Nrt Pastille.
- If your age is less than 12 years of age.
Side effects of Nrt 4 MG
- Soreness of mouth
- Throat irritation
- Taste disturbances
- Dry mouth
- Increased saliva
- Burning in the mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Nrt 4 MG
Can I take Nrt Pastille during pregnancy?
Always try to stop and avoid smoking if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. Still, if you want to stop smoking, it is better to use Nrt Pastille than smoking as it carries a lesser risk to your baby. However, it is better to take a doctor's advice before using this Pastille if you are pregnant.
Can I take Nrt Pastille while breastfeeding?
Always try to stop and avoid smoking if you are breastfeeding your baby. Still, if you want to stop smoking, it is better to use Nrt Pastille than smoking as it carries a lesser risk to your baby. Tobacco smoke can cause breathing difficulty and other health-related side effects to babies and children. If any of your family members also smoking, ask them to give it up with you.
Can I drive if I have taken Nrt Pastille?
Generally, it does not interfere with the ability to drive, but if you feel dizzy or experience blurring of vision, do not drive or stop using heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Nrt Pastille?
No, you should avoid consuming alcohol, as it may interfere with the effect of nicotine Pastille or may increase the chances of side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems (heart attack, rhythm problems, stroke, high blood pressure etc.)
- You have diabetes (monitor your blood sugar levels more often when you start using this medicine).
- You have ulcers in the stomach or intestine, any complaints like pain or swelling of the stomach and indigestion.
- You have any problems related to the liver or kidney.
- You have overacting thyroid gland.
- You have high blood pressure due to tumour-related to the gland near the kidney (pheochromocytoma- tumour of adrenal gland).
- You are taking any other medicines.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should be used by adults and children above 12 years of age. However, it is always advisable to consult your doctor before using it.
Mode of Action of Nrt 4 MG
How Does It Work?
- When you are smoking cigarettes for a longer time, your body becomes dependent on nicotine. Now when you try to quit smoking, the body produces withdrawal symptoms like cravings (unpleasant feeling and strong desire to smoke), sleep disturbances, weight gain, persistent cough, flu-like symptoms, mood changes and constipation. Thus, it becomes difficult for the individual to get out of the nicotine craving cycle. ...
- Nicotine Pastilles helps you to get out of this craving cycle gradually. When you want to quit smoking, use nicotine Pastilles and don’t smoke.
- When you use this Pastille it releases nicotine into the mouth. This nicotine gets absorbed into the body from the lining of the mouth and helps to decrease the craving for smoking by decreasing the withdrawal symptoms. Although it will help in relieving the withdrawal symptoms, it will not give you that feeling of cigarette smoking....
Directions for Use of Nrt 4 MG
- Nrt Pastille should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
Interactions of Nrt 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicine you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Nrt Pastille or increase the chances of side effects....
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including:
- Theophylline (used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), Clozapine (used for mental illness), Ropinirole (used for Parkinson’s disease characterized by tremors and lack of movement).
- When you reduce or stop smoking your body metabolism slows down, which can increase the side effects of other medicines.
Storage and disposal of Nrt 4 MG
- Keep Nrt Pastilles out of sight and reach of children.
- Store it below 30°C in the original package.
Dosage of Nrt 4 MG
- Take Nrt Pastille exactly as prescribed by your doctor or as per instruction on a leaflet.
- Overdose may increase the side effects of the medicine. You may feel nausea, vomiting, increased salivation, pain in your stomach, diarrhoea, sweating, headache, dizziness, hearing disturbance, weakness. If this happens stop using the Pastilles and do not smoke. Contact a doctor immediately....
- If a child under 12 accidentally uses, swallows, sucks or chews some of this medicine, take them to a hospital immediately. Take the medicine/Pastille with you. Nicotine ingestion by a child may cause severe poisoning....
Missed a Dose
Nrt Pastille is to be taken as and when needed. Hence missing a dose is unlikely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Nrt Pastille?
A: Nrt Pastille is used in the treatment of smoking cessation. It helps to get rid of withdrawal symptoms, which develop when you stop smoking or reduce the number of cigarette smoking. At places when you crave smoking but you cannot, this Pastille helps to decrease craving.
Q: How does Nrt Pastille work?
A: Nrt Pastille contains medicine known as Nicotine. It is one the group of the medicine known as nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). This Pastille acts slowly and intermittently, it releases nicotine, which gets absorbed through your mouth linings into your body. It does not give you the same feeling as smoking, but it decreases the cravings and withdrawal symptoms that arise due to decrease or stop smoking.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.