Novefos Sachet 8gm
By SUN PHARMA
8g Oral Powder in Sachet
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Novefos Sachet 8gm contains fosfomycin, which is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the urinary tract. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection of the urinary tract. Indigestion, headache, dizziness are some of the side effects of using this medicine. This medicine should be dissolved in a glass of water and mixture should be taken immediately. This medicine should be taken on an empty stomach either 1 hour before a meal or at least 2 hours after a meal before bedtime and after emptying the urinary bladder....
|You Save||₹81.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Fosfomycin(3.0 G)
Uses of Novefos 3 G
For the treatment of bacterial infection of the urinary tract.
Contraindications of Novefos 3 G
- If you are allergic to fosfomycin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
- If you are undergoing a blood filtration procedure.
Side effects of Novefos 3 G
- Swelling of female genitals (vulva and vagina)
Precautions and Warnings of Novefos 3 G
Can I take Novefos Sachet 8gm during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine in pregnant women. You can use Novefos Sachet 8gm only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Novefos Sachet 8gm while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are known to be excreted in milk. This medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Novefos Sachet 8gm?
This medicine can cause dizziness or tiredness. Avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Novefos Sachet 8gm?
Taking alcohol while on this medicine can increase dizziness and also make symptoms of urinary tract infection worse. Therefore, avoid alcohol consumption while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease.
- You have loose motions after using this medicine.
- You have difficulty in digestion of some sugar.
Mode of Action of Novefos 3 G
How Does It Work?
Novefos Sachet 8gm works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which results in killing the bacteria responsible for infection of the urinary tract.
Directions for Use of Novefos 3 G
- Novefos Sachet 8gm should be taken on an empty stomach either 1 hour before a meal or at least 2 hours after a meal before bedtime and after emptying the urinary bladder.
- It should be dissolved in a glass of water and mixture should be taken immediately.
Interactions of Novefos 3 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used in heartburn such as Metoclopramide decreases the blood concentration of this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines and supplements you are consuming before starting with Novefos Sachet 8gm
Storage and disposal of Novefos 3 G
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Novefos 3 G
- Symptoms of overdose include hearing difficulty, loss of taste sensation, dizziness, loss of balance while walking, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Novefos Sachet 8gm?
A: Novefos Sachet 8gm is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the urinary tract.
Q: How Novefos Sachet 8gm works?
A: Novefos Sachet 8gm works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection of the urinary tract.
Q: When to take Novefos Sachet 8gm?
A: Novefos Sachet 8gm should be taken on an empty stomach either 1 hour before a meal or at least 2 hours after a meal before bedtime and after emptying the urinary bladder. This medicine should be dissolved in a glass of water and mixture should be taken immediately.
Q: Does Novefos Sachet 8gm causes loose motions?
A: Novefos Sachet 8gm is an antibiotic medicine and can cause loose motions as its side effect but it is not common.
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.