Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Novamox CV 625mg tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Novamox CV 625mg tablet is us
ed to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens.
|You Save||₹33.52 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
Uses of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Novamox CV 625mg tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Novamox CV 625mg tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Novamox CV 625mg tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Novamox CV 625mg tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
Interactions of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as Novamox CV 625mg tablet contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Novamox CV 625mg tablet at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.