Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Novamox CV 625mg tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Novamox CV 625mg tablet is use
d to treat bacterial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens....
Uses of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Novamox CV 625mg tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Novamox CV 625mg tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Novamox CV 625mg tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. However, if considered essential by the treating doctor, it can be taken. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant while he prescribes you this medicine.
Can I take Novamox CV 625mg tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Novamox CV 625mg tablet pass into the breastmilk & is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Novamox CV 625mg tablet?
If you experience symptoms such as dizziness, fits after taking Novamox CV 625mg tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Novamox CV 625mg tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Novamox CV 625mg tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Novamox CV 625mg tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Novamox CV 625mg tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems.
- Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the exact duration to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
Interactions of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as Novamox CV 625mg tablet contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alonemay occur with this combination too....Read more
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Novamox CV 625mg tablet at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Novamox Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or vis
it the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of the therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time
for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Novamox CV 625mg tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take Novamox CV 625mg tablet?
A: Never take Novamox CV 625mg tablet if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will Novamox CV 625mg tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Novamox CV 625mg tablet will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due to various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Novamox CV 625mg tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Novamox CV 625mg tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic, used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Q: Is Novamox CV 625mg tablet safe and effective?
A: Yes, Novamox CV 625mg tablet is safe and effective when taken in the prescribed dose and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine, reach out to your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹40.34 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
Last Updated on: 22 Jul 2021 | 08:12 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved