Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
By CIPLA LIMITED
6 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Novaclox-LB 500 capsule contains a combination of amoxicillin, dicloxacillin and lactobacillus. Novaclox-LB 500 capsule is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections in the body and it also prevents antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. Amoxicillin and dicloxacillin are antibiotics while lactobacillus is gut protective bacteria. Do not take this medicine if you are having a history of allergy to any antibiotics, viral infection, any kidney or urination problems. This medicine may produce hypersensitivity reactions so if you experience any abnormal symptoms inform your doctor immediately. This medicine is prone to develop drug interactions, so inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines.
Uses of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
Novaclox-LB 500 capsule is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, reproductive tract, skin, respiratory tract, bone and stomach infection. This medicine also helps in preventing antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
If you are allergic to amoxicillin, dicloxacillin, lactobacillus or any other ingredients of the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule.
Side effects of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
- Fits (convulsions)
- Feeling sick
- Altered kidney functions
- Fungal infections
Precautions and Warnings of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
Can I take the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule during pregnancy. Thus, this medicine should only be used if advised by your doctor.
Can I take the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule in breastfeeding. Thus, this medicine should only be used if advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule?
You may experience dizziness and fits after taking the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule. Thus, it is advised to avoid activities that require alertness like driving or operating heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule?
Alcohol increases the side effects of the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule when consumed together. Thus, it is advised to avoid consuming alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to any other antibiotics or a fever.
- You have urination or kidney problems.
- You are undergoing urine tests or blood test for liver functions.
- You experience diarrhoea, fungal infection or any other side effects after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
How Does It Work?
- Amoxicillin and dicloxacillin interfere with this cell wall synthesis in bacteria and produces a faulty cell wall. Thus, the bacterial cell dies and prevents the spread of infection.
- Lactobacillus helps in maintaining these good intestinal bacteria and prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
Directions for Use of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water without opening the capsule. Do not break or chew the medicine. Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
Interactions of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule works or the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders.read less
- Medicines used to thin blood such as warfarin should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
- Store it in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Novaclox Lb 500mg Cap
- An overdose of the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule may cause an upset stomach, cloudy urine or problems while passing urine.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the uses of the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule?
A: Novaclox-LB 500 capsule is used to treat various bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, reproductive tract, skin, respiratory tract, bone and stomach infection. This medicine also helps in preventing antibiotics associated diarrhoea.
Q: How does the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule work?
- Amoxicillin and Dicloxacillin interfere with this cell wall synthesis in bacteria and produces a faulty cell wall. Thus, the bacterial cell dies, which prevents the further spread of infection.
- Lactobacillus helps in maintaining good intestinal bacteria and prevent antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
Q: Can I take the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule for throat infection?
A: Yes, the Novaclox-LB 500 capsule can be used to treat throat infections.
|You Save||₹14.7 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Lactobacillus Sporogenes(80.0 M),Dicloxacillin(250.0 Mg),Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dizziness|
Last Updated on: 28 Apr 2021 | 06:27 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved