Norzen Eye Drops 5ml
Norzen 0.3 % Description
Norzen Eye Drop is an antibiotic and contains norfloxacin as an active component. It works against bacteria. Have plenty of water when taking this medicine. This medicine should be taken in doses and
duration as prescribed by the doctor. You should always complete the entire course of the antibiotic treatment otherwise, it may lead to treatment failure. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history especially, if you have a history of myasthenia gravis or tendon injury or fits. It is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established.
Uses of Norzen 0.3 %
- To treat urinary tract infections.
- To treat gonococcal infections.
- To treat bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Norzen 0.3 %
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine or similar medicines such as ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
- If you had or have ruptured tendons or inflammation in tendons. Tendons are tissue that attaches your muscles to your bones.
Side effects of Norzen 0.3 %
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Norzen 0.3 %
- It passes into the breastmilk in very small amounts which probably will have minimal effect on the breastfed baby. If you are prescribed medicine while you are breastfeeding watch out for the symptoms of diarrhoea and fungal infection in the breastfed baby....
Other General Warnings
- You have any history of tendon injury or disorders.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney problem, muscle weakness, myasthenia gravis, heart disease, fits, etc.
- You experience pain, bruising and weakness of arms, shoulders or any joint, then discontinue the medicine immediately, rest that joint and seek immediate medical help.
- You experience tingling, burning, numbness.
- You experience rash, facial swelling, itching after taking the medicine.
- You experience restlessness, confusion and hallucinations after receiving treatment with the Norzen Eye Drop, seek medical help.
- You should avoid excessive exposure to sunlight as it can give reactions like burning and blisters.
- You are having episodes of watery and bloody diarrhoea, black tarry stools with fever and stomach ache.
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fever, yellowing of the skin and eyes.
- It is advised to consume a plenty amount of water.
Mode of Action of Norzen 0.3 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Norzen 0.3 %
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water at least one hour before or two hours after meals.
- Consume an ample amount of water when you are taking this medicine.
- Take it as instructed by your doctor.
Interactions of Norzen 0.3 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Norzen Eye Drop if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, brain disorders such as clozapine, blood thinners like warfarin, antidiabetic medicines, respiratory problems like theophylline, muscle relaxant like tizanidine, etc....
- Nitrofurantoin a medicine used to treat UTIs may alter the effects of norfloxacin if used along.
- Multivitamins (containing iron & zinc), antacids, sucralfate and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this tablet....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with corticosteroids taken by mouth or by injection may increase the chance of tendon injury.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.) may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Norzen 0.3 %
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.