Nitrocontin 2.6mg Bottle Of 25 Tablets
Nitrocontin 2.6 MG Description
Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is an anti-anginal medicine. It is used to prevent chest pain caused due to angina pectoris and spasms in the blood vessels of the heart mainly due to blockages in the heart ve
ssels. It contains glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin as the active ingredient. It acts as a vasodilator that helps in dilating and relaxing the blood vessels of the heart. This reduces the pressure on the heart by making it easier to pump blood. You should take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Take this medicine at the same time every day for optimal benefits. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Contraindications of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- If you are allergic to glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin or any of the components of Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet.
- If you have a condition of low red blood cells called anaemia.
- If you recently had head trauma or brain haemorrhage resulting in increased pressure within the brain.
- If you have increased pressure in the eye called glaucoma.
- If you are taking medicines called sildenafil, tadalafil, or vardenafil that are used for the treatment of erection problems.
- If you have any heart disease.
Side effects of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver, heart, or kidney problems.
- You have a low body temperature (hypothermia).
- You have poor nutrition due to an unbalanced diet or digestion problems.
- You have abnormally low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- You have or had any condition affecting the blood supply to the brain.
- You have low blood pressure, low blood volume, or conditions that lower blood volume in the heart.
Mode of Action of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Nitrocontin 2.6 tablets should be consumed as advised by your doctor.
- You should swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- Take this medicine preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet works or Nitrocontin 2.6 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood clots, erection problems, other vasodilators, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Store Nitrocontin 2.6 tablets below 30°C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet if I feel better after taking this medicine?
Q: Is Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet taken sublingually?
- No, you should not place this medicine under the tongue or hold it on the mouth until dissolved. You should swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the medicine.