Neosporin Powder 10gm
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10g Dusting Powder in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neosporin powder is an antibiotic powder containing a combination of three antibiotics. Neosporin powder is used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections and to prevent infection on wounds, cuts
, burns, surgical wounds and skin ulcers where infection may occur. Neosporin powder contains a combination of three antibiotics: neomycin, polymyxin B and bacitracin....
Uses of Neosporin Powder 10gm
- For the treatment of superficial bacterial skin infection in various skin conditions.
- To prevent skin infections on cuts, surgical wounds, scratches, skin injuries, burns etc.
Contraindications of Neosporin Powder 10gm
- If you are allergic to neomycin, polymixin B or bacitracin or any other ingredient of Neosporin powder.
- If you have an ear problem or existing hearing loss.
- If you have kidney disease or kidney function problem.
- Neosporin powder should not be used in children below 2 years.
- Neosporin Powder should not be used for the treatment of external ear infection if you have perforations in the eardrum.
- Avoid using it for the prolonged duration on large skin area as it has the potential to cause toxicity to ear and kidneys.
Side effects of Neosporin Powder 10gm
The chances of getting side effects for Neosporin powder are low. However, you may experience redness, scaling, itching and rashes at the application site.
Precautions and Warnings of Neosporin Powder 10gm
Can I use Neosporin powder during pregnancy?
Neosporin powder should not be used during pregnancy as there is inadequate information available on its safety of in pregnant women and the growing foetus.
Can I use Neosporin powder while breastfeeding?
Neosporin powder is not recommended in lactating mothers as there is limited data available related to the safety of this medicine in lactating mothers and its effects on the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Neosporin powder?
Yes, Neosporin powder is applied superficially on the injury, so it does not affect the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Neosporin powder
Although there is no known interaction of Neosporin powder with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have hearing problems or kidney function problem as there is an increased risk of getting kidney or ear toxicity.
- You have a history of getting antibiotic-induced diarrhoea as the same can happen with this powder if applied for too long.
- You should avoid prolonged use of this powder as it can increase the risk of getting other infection.
- Neosporin powder should not be applied areas near to your eyes, in case your eyes come in contact with this powder rinse thoroughly with cold water immediately.
Mode of Action of Neosporin Powder 10gm
How Does It Work?
Neomycin, polymyxin B and bacitracin are antibiotics. Antibiotics are substances which either kill the micro-organism or stop the growth of the micro-organisms. Neomycin and polymyxin B kills bacteria
by damaging their structure and bacitracin stops the growth of bacteria. All these antibiotics together work against the bacterial infections on the skin....
Directions for Use of Neosporin Powder 10gm
- Clean the affected and apply a thin layer of Neosporin powder as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after applying this powder and avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Treatment should not be continued for more than seven days without medical supervision.
Interactions of Neosporin Powder 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Neosporin powder is meant for external application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine on theskin. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine....Read more
- Medicines such as rocuronium and vecuronium used for muscle relaxation and to produce paralysis during surgeries should be used cautiously as Neosporin if absorbed systemically can prolong their respiratory depression action....Read more
Storage and disposal of Neosporin Powder 10gm
- Store Neosporin powder at a temperature not exceeding 30ºC.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Neosporin Powder 10gm
Neosporin Powder is applied externally on the skin, so overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have poured exces
s of this drop it, wipe out excess of medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any application of medicine, apply it as soon as you remember. If its time for your next application, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Neosporin powder on newborn babies?
A: No, Neosporin powder is not recommended to be used in children under 2 years. There is a risk of absorption of the antibiotics in the body and this can cause side effects like loss of hearing. Children have very sensitive organs and skin and delicate. Any medicine which is to be used in children should be done under medical supervision.
Q: Can I use Neosporin powder on burns?.
A: Yes, Neosporin powder can be used on minor or superficial burns. However, it is not recommended to be used in severe burns.
Q: Can I use Neosporin powder in the vaginal area?
A: No, Neosporin powder is not recommended to use in the vaginal area. Vagina or genital area is a sensitive part of the body and it is not advisable to use any medication without consulting the doctor.
Q: Can I use Neosporin powder on a large puncture or bleeding wounds?
A: No, Neosporin powder is not recommended to be used on large wounds or puncture wounds. Neosporin powder is a triple antibiotic powder that should be used externally. If it is applied to a large open wound or punctured wound, there is a risk of the antibiotics to be absorbed systemically. This may lead to many side effects such as toxicity to kidneys and ears. Hence it is not advisable to use on large open wounds.
Q: Does Neosporin powder contain steroids?
A: No, Neosporin powder does not contain steroids. It is a combination of three antibiotic components.
Q: Can Neosporin powder be used on dogs and cats?
A: No, you should not use Neosporin powder on your pets as their body structures are different from human and how they respond to medicines also varies. Refrain from giving any medicines to your pets without consulting a Veterinarian or animal specialist.
Q: Can Neosporin powder cause diarrheoa?
A: Neosporin is a topical preparation meant to be used externally, so the incidence of experiencing a systemic side effect such as diarrhoea is very low.
Q: Can I stop applying Neosporin powder when my symptoms are relieved?
A: No, you should not stop applying Neosporin powder even if you feel better. Skin infection and conditions take time to heal completely. You should always complete the course duration as prescribed by your doctor, else the chances of reoccurrence of infection increases.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹11.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Polymyxin B(5000.0 Iu),Neomycin(3400.0 Iu),Bacitracin(400.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infection|
|Side effects||Redness, scaling, itching, rashes|
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved