Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10's
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mucinac 600 tablet contains Acetylcysteine which belongs to a class of medicines known as mucolytics. It is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases associated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and bronchiectasis are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. Acetylcysteine present in Mucinac 600 helps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out. You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to Acetylcysteine. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Uses of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
Mucinac 600 tablet is used as adjuvant therapy in respiratory tract diseases such as bronchitis, emphysema, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis associated with excessive mucous secretion.
Contraindications of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
- If you are allergic to Acetylcysteine or any ingredients of Mucinac 600 tablet.
- Mucinac should not be used in children below 14 years of age
Side effects of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
- Ringing in the ears
- Low blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
Can I take Mucinac 600 tablet during pregnancy?
Due to inadequate safety data on the use of Mucinac 600, this medicine must be used in pregnant women only if other alternatives are not available and prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Mucinac 600 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not known if acetylcysteine is secreted in breast milk. To avoid any harm to the new-born baby, avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Mucinac 600 tablet?
Mucinac 600 tablet is less likely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Mucinac 600 tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Mucinac tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop Mucinac 600 tablet immediately
- You have a history of peptic ulcer disease and bronchial asthma
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, you should avoid long term treatment
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience excessive bronchial secretion
Mode of Action of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
How Does It Work?
Mucinac 600 contains acetylcysteine which is a derivative of a natural amino acid L-cysteine. It acts by decreasing the viscosity of the mucus by splitting the sulphur bonds that hold the mucus and thins down the mucus, making it easier to cough out and relieve the airways.
Directions for Use of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
- Take Mucinac tablet as advised by your doctor before or after your meals.
- Add the tablet in half glass of water and allow it to dissolve completely.
- Wait till the solution becomes clear stir and drink immediately.
Interactions of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Mucinac tablets may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Certain antibiotics such as ones belonging to the class of aminoglycosides, penicillins, tetracycline should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with Mucinac 600.
- Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for angina should not be taken along with Mucinac 600 as there are chances of increased side effects and serious hypotension usually characterised by severe headacheread less
Storage and disposal of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
- Store Mucinac tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Mucinac 600mg Orange Flavour Sugar Free Tablet 10'S
Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting or loose motions. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Mucinac tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Mucinac tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for your next dose skip the missed dose and follow the normal dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Mucinac 600 effective medicine? Does it have any other benefits?
A: Mucinac 600 is being used as a mucolytic for a long time in lung and airway diseases and effectively reduces mucus secretion and improves other symptoms. It has got very good antioxidant properties which can be utilized for other disease condition. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before using Mucinac 600 tablets?
A: This medicine must not be taken within 2 hours of taking an antibiotic. Cough suppressant and medicines to treat high blood pressure should be avoided or used with caution while taking Acetylcysteine. The tablets smell of sulphur (or rotten eggs) which is not very pungent. Make sure you do not throw away the tablet, thinking it is spoiled.
Q: Is Mucinac 600 is an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine. It belongs to a class of medicines called mucolytics.
Q: How should I take Mucinac 600 before or after a meal?
A: It can be taken with or without food or prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Mucinac 600 is an effervescent tablet?
A: Yes, it is an effervescent tablet with orange flavour to mask the unpleasant taste of Acetylcysteine.
Q: Is it safe to give Mucinac 600 to my 6 months old baby?
A: No, you should not give this medicine to your baby. Discuss with a child specialist before giving any medicine to your baby as their organs are sensitive and not fully developed.
Q: How long should I take Mucinac 600 tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Mucinac 600 tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Last Updated on: 06 Nov 2020 | 01:22 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved