Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxikind 375mg tablet contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It belongs to the class of penicillin antibiotics. It is useful in treating infections typically of the respiratory tract, ear, nose, urinary tract infections and bone and joint-related infections. Take this medicine in the correct dosage as prescribed by your doctor. Do not abruptly stop taking the syrup as it may increase the risk of relapse of the infection. Commonly reported side effects are: nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. These side-effects are usually mild. Please consult your doctor if you experience any other side effects than these. Also, please inform your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
Uses of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
For the treatment of infections caused by bacteria, like a sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Can I take the Moxikind 375mg tablet during pregnancy?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy. However, it can be given to you by your doctor if required. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Moxikind 375mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine. The components of this medicine pass into breastmilk & are known to cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Moxikind 375mg tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with the Moxikind 375mg tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are elderly.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You are taking oral birth control pills, as this medicine can reduce the efficacy of those tablets.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Moxikind 375mg tablet acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Do not take the tablet that has passed its expiry date
Interactions of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used for the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store this medicine at or below 25° in the original package to protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
- If the tablet has passed its expiry date or is unused for long please dispose of it appropriately.
Dosage of Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Taking Moxikind 375mg tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin, can I take the Moxikind 375mg tablet?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Should I take this tablet with meals?
A: Yes, this tablet should be taken with meals.
Q: I have noticed some swelling on my face after taking this medicine, is it normal?
A: No, swelling on the face, lips, throat, tongue, irregular heartbeats, skin rash, difficulty in breathing are all signs of allergic reactions which needs to be reported to your doctor or nearest hospital immediately as it might be life-threatening.
Other Products from this Brand
- Moxikind Cv 625 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv 375 Mg Tablet 10 S
- Moxikind Cv Dry Syp 30 Ml
- Moxikind Cv Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv 1 Gm Tablet
- Moxikind Cv Drops
- Moxikind Cv 625 Mg Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 1 2 Gm Inj
- Moxikind Cv 80 11 4 Mg Drops 10 Ml
- Moxikind Cv Dry Syp 60 Ml
- Moxikind Cv Kid Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Moxikind Cv 250 50 Mg Injection 1
- Moxikind Cv 300 Mg Inj
- Moxikind Cv 200 28 5 Mg Tablet 6
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved