Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Augpen Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. It is a combination medici
e containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹34.12 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache|
- Amoxyclav 375 Mg Tablet 10By Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 324.48₹ 227.14₹ 22.71/Tablet
- Megamentin 375mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 170.50₹ 144.92₹ 24.15/Tablet
- Augmed 375mg TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 165.72₹ 116.00₹ 19.33/Tablet
- Augmentin 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 229.00₹ 194.65₹ 19.47/Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 154.50₹ 131.3232% CHEAPER₹ 13.13/Tablet
- Clavam 375mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.1512% CHEAPER₹ 16.92/Tablet
- Novamox Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 246.23₹ 204.37₹ 20.44/Tablet
- Rapiclav 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.00₹ 150.1022% CHEAPER₹ 15.01/Tablet
- Pencimox Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Narankaa Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.95₹ 169.9612% CHEAPER₹ 17.0/Tablet
- Polyclav 375mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 144.00₹ 122.40₹ 20.4/Tablet
Uses of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Augpen Tablet.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
Side effects of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems.
- You are above 60 years.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You have diarrhoea and stomach pain even after stopping treatment with Augpen Tablet.
Mode of Action of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Augpen Tablet works by the combined action of its two components.
- Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Augpen Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Augpen Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to monitor the blood tests like PT-INR regularly.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify an immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Augpen Tablet....
Storage and disposal of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Augpen Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Augpen 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Augpen Tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: How long does it take for Augpen Tablet to show its effects?
Q: How many times should I take Augpen Tablet in a day?
- Augmentin Tablets USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Augpen Ds 457 Mg Bottle Of 30 Ml Dry Suspension
- Augpen 600 Mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Augpen Bid 625 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Augpen 1 Gm Bid Tablet 10 S
- Augpen Bid 625 Mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Augpen 1 Gm Bid Tablet 6 S
- Augpen Drops
- Augpen Hs Bottle Of 30 Ml Suspension
- Augpen Hs Bid Suspension 30 Ml
- Augpen Lb 1 Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets