Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Moxclav Tablet is a combination medicine containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Moxclav Tablet is used to treat bacter
ial infections in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work in a synergistic manner, to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or worsens.
|You Save||₹39.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection, indigestion|
- Omniclav 375mg TabletBy Cipla Gx6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 122.10₹ 103.7822.91% CHEAPER₹ 17.30/Tablet
- Indclav 375mg TabletBy Indchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 194.00₹ 194.0013.55% CHEAPER₹ 19.4/Tablet
- Augmentin 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Glaxosmithkline Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 229.00₹ 194.6513.28% CHEAPER₹ 19.47/Tablet
- Penclav 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 182.00₹ 154.7031.06% CHEAPER₹ 15.47/Tablet
- Bactoclav 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 200.00₹ 160.0028.7% CHEAPER₹ 16/Tablet
- Mega Cv 375mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 115.95₹ 98.5626.78% CHEAPER₹ 16.43/Tablet
- Clavam 375mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 218.50₹ 185.7217.25% CHEAPER₹ 18.57/Tablet
- Hhamclav 375mg TabletBy Hegde And Hegde Pharmaceuticals Llp10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 191.00₹ 162.3527.63% CHEAPER₹ 16.24/Tablet
- Moxikind Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 169.90₹ 144.4135.65% CHEAPER₹ 14.44/Tablet
- Ampoxin Cv 375mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 200.40₹ 170.3424.11% CHEAPER₹ 17.03/Tablet
Uses of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of Moxclav Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- The use of Moxclav Tablet during pregnancy should be avoided, as it may cause harm to the unborn baby. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be necessary and safe.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Moxclav Tablet.
- You have difficulty passing urine.
Mode of Action of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Moxclav Tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, thus killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too....
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original packaging.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Moxclav 375mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Taking Moxclav Tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of the therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)