Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension Description
Monticope suspension is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used for the treatment of allergies such as runny/stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and other allergic symptom
in children. Monticope suspension contains a combination of montelukast and levocetirizine as active ingredients. This medicine works by reducing the symptoms of allergy in the body. Give this medicine to your child in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Shake well before use.
Uses of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Contraindications of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- If your child is allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine, montelukast, or any ingredient of Monticope suspension.
- If your child has kidney problems or is undergoing dialysis.
- If your child is unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
- In children of age 6 months to 11 years with kidney function problems.
Side effects of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Other General Warnings
- If your child is taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like prednisone or prednisolone.
- If your child is already taking painkillers like aspirin.
- If your child experiences rash and breathing difficulty after taking this medicine.
- If your child is suffering from psychiatric illness.
- If your child experiences anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts.
- If your child is suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- If your child is not able to empty the bladder.
Mode of Action of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
How Does It Work?
- Monticope suspension contains a combination of montelukast and levocetirizine as active substances.
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes that are responsible for causing allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways, and helps make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks the action of a substance called histamine that is responsible for causing allergic symptoms. It also prevents the release of other allergy-causing substances in the body and provides relief....
Directions for Use of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Give Monticope suspension to your child as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Do not give more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine may affect the way Monticope suspension works, or Monticope suspension itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations your child is currently taking to avoid any possible interactions.
- Be cautious before giving this medicine to children if they are on medicines used for treating fits like phenytoin, phenobarbital, or rifampicin (antibiotic).
Storage and disposal of Monticope Bottle Of 60ml Suspension
- Store Monticope suspension below 30°C protected from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.