Monotrate 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Monotrate 20 MG Description
Monotrate Tablet contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient. Monotrate Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called 'coronary vasodilators'. It is used for the prevention of chest pain
or angina due to reduced blood supply to the heart, for the treatment of Coronary heart disease (a heart condition where there is reduced blood and oxygen supply to the heart). Other uses of this medicine include pulmonary hypertension (raised blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs) and as a followup treatment after a heart attack. Before taking this tablet you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, similar medicines or medicines containing nitroglycerin. Take this medicine regularly along with making certain lifestyle modifications for better heart health.
|₹5.70 (14% on MRP)
|Isosorbide Mononitrate(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Monotrate 20 MG
- For the prevention of angina attacks.
- For the treatment of coronary heart diseases.
- As a followup treatment post-heart attack.
- For the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
Contraindications of Monotrate 20 MG
Side effects of Monotrate 20 MG
- Lack of energy
- Low blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Monotrate 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure or conditions that can lead to reduced blood pressure such as shock, thyroid disorder, anaemia, increased pressure inside the brain or more susceptible to faint upon reduced blood flow....
- Your thyroid gland is not working properly and producing less thyroid hormones.
- You are weak and malnourished, have kidney or liver disorder.
- You have very low body temperature or poor blood circulation.
- This medicine is not helpful in controlling sudden angina attacks or episodes of angina once it has begun.
Mode of Action of Monotrate 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Monotrate 20 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this at the same time for effective results.
Interactions of Monotrate 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used for erectile dysfunction such as Sildenafil, Alprostadil with Monotrate Tablet can increase vasodilation and lower the blood pressure. This can sometimes result in life-threatening conditions like a heart attack....
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (nifedipine, diltiazem), vasodilators (glycerol trinitrate, methyldopa), angiotensin receptor blockers (olmesartan medoxomil, candesartan cilexetil) can result in a significant reduction in blood pressure....
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of mood disorders, psychosis and migraine should be used cautiously and the patient should be watched for the symptoms of hypotension.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Monotrate 20 MG
- Store Monotrate Tablet below 30°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.