Monit Gtn 6.4mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monit Gtn 6.4 MG Description
Monit Gtn Tablet is used to prevent chest pain caused by angina pectoris, spasms in the blood vessels of the heart mainly due to blockages in the heart vessels. It contains glyceryl trinitrate or nitroglycerin as its active component. It acts as a vasodilator that helps in dilating and relaxing the blood vessels of the heart, thus reducing the pressure on the heart by making it easier to pump blood. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor. You should never stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may increase the risk of heart-related complications. Inform your doctor about all the known medical conditions and medication history....
|You Save||₹38.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate(6.4 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, low blood pressure, increase in heart rate|
Check more medicines with composition as Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate(6.4 Mg)
Uses of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
Monit Gtn Tablet is used to treat chest pain (angina pectoris) mainly due to heart blockage.
Contraindications of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
- If you are allergic to glyceryl trinitrate, nitroglycerin or any of the components present in the Monit Gtn Tablet.
- If you are suffering from anaemia.
- If you recently had head trauma or brain haemorrhage resulting in increase pressure within the brain.
- If you have increased pressure in the eye (Glaucoma).
- If you are taking sildenafil, tadalafil or vardenafil that are used for the treatment of erection problems.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease.
Side effects of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
- Increased heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
Can I take Monit Gtn Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Monit Gtn Tablet during pregnancy. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and benefit. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take Monit Gtn Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Monit Gtn Tablet on breastfed baby and breast milk. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and benefit. Talk to your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Monit Gtn Tablet?
Avoid driving while you are on this medicine as you may experience dizziness while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Monit Gtn Tablet?
You are advised not to drink alcohol while you are on this Tablet as you may experience severe side effects such as dizziness, headache, drowsiness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver, heart or kidney problems.
- You have a low body temperature (hypothermia).
- You have poor nutrition due to an unbalanced diet or digestion problems (malnutrition).
- You are suffering from abnormally low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- You have or had any condition affecting the blood supply to the brain.
- You are suffering from very low blood pressure, low blood volume or conditions that lower blood volume in the heart or any other heart disorder.
Mode of Action of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
How Does It Work?
Monit Gtn Tablet is a vasodilator medicine. It is a nitrate that acts by releasing the nitric oxide relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, reducing the oxygen demand of the heart thereby preventing angina attack (chest pain)....
Directions for Use of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
- Monit Gtn Tablets should be consumed as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not chew the Tablet.
- You can take this medicine with or without food, but preferably at the same time every day.
Interactions of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Monit Gtn Tablet works or Monit Gtn Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, erection problems, other vasodilators, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
- Do not store it above 25°C. Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the packet.
Dosage of Monit Gtn 6.4 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Monit Gtn Tablets may be decreased blood pressure, reduced blood flow to the heart, headache, confusion, nausea, vomiting, increased pressure within the brain, etc. If you think you had too much of this medicine, reach out to the doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Monit Gtn Tablet if I feel better after taking this medicine?
A: No, you should never stop taking Monit Gtn Tablet. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in angina attack (sudden chest pain) and other conditions resulting in heart attack and difficulty in breathing. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of the medicine before stopping the medicine completely. Talk to your doctor for more advice.
Q: Is Monit Gtn Tablet taken sublingually?
A: No, you should not place this medicine under the tongue or hold it on the mouth until it dissolves. You should swallow the Tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the medicine.
Q: What is the use of Monit Gtn?
A: Monit Gtn Tablet is used for the treatment of chest pain (angina pectoris) mainly due to heart blockage.
Country of Origin
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay