Moncet 10mg Tablet
By PLEASANT CARE PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moncet 10mg Tab contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.
|You Save||₹15.84 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Montelukast(10.0 Mg),Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Montelukast(10.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Moncet 10mg Tablet
Uses of Moncet 10mg Tablet
For the treatment of allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Moncet 10mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance)
Side effects of Moncet 10mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Moncet 10mg Tablet
Can I take Moncet 10mg Tab during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Moncet 10mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Moncet 10mg Tab?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Moncet 10mg Tab?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in acute attack
Mode of Action of Moncet 10mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions
Directions for Use of Moncet 10mg Tablet
Take the medicines as directed by your physician.
Interactions of Moncet 10mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Moncet 10mg Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Try to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Moncet 10mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can this medicine worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.